Chapter 28

Alexa's POV

"Yeah. I arrived home. I better hang up the phone. I got things to do. Bye.", I told him then hanged up the phone. Is he that worried about me that he even has to make sure that I arrived safely at my house? All this guarding stuff is making him look like my personal bodyguard.

After taking a shower and brushing my teeth, I laid down on my soft bed and just stared at the ceiling for no reason.

" Let's stay like this... Please."

What does he mean by that?! I vented my building outrage at my bed by hitting the pillows so badly. Growing tired, I stopped to catch my breath. Why does my heart feel overwhelmed? No, not just overwhelmed. I don't even know what emotion I am feeling right now! I'm getting so confused.

I shook my head, attempting to forget something that is embedded in my head.

Christian...

The ringing of my phone made me jump like a frightened cat. I ran and checked who called me.

Oh. It's Miss Claire. For a moment there I thought it was Christian.

"Hello?"

"Alexa, good evening. Are you going to rest already?", she asked me.

"I can't rest. There is something that has been bothering me."

"Is it Christian?", she said with a teasing voice.

"Wait, how did you-"

"Oh, Alexa. I saw everything. You two should be a couple. Just forget that Brandon and go straight to Christan's arms."

"What are you saying?! We just hugged! That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.", I stuttered. She shouldn't make quick assumptions especially when it comes to relationships. Just because you are hanging out with someone doesn't mean that they will be your boyfriend or girlfriend. Don't people nowadays know the existence of the word "Friend"?

"Alexa, dear, if you have just seen yourself, you will understand what I'm talking about."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Alexa, you are smiling back there."

Did I smile? I recalled smiling when I scored but...

I sighed. Who am I kidding?

Yes... She is right.

I was truly smiling back there. The moment Christian snuggled at my shoulders, sniffing my scent made it hard for me to breathe. The moment he stroked my hair using his hands, it made me feel self-conscious and filled me with butterflies. Every single moment with him is like the rising of the sun on a very cold winter. Meeting him is a miracle.

"Alexa, when Brandon left you, you forgot who you are. I haven't even seen you smile the way you used to smile. I thought that I was going to lose you. Thankfully that didn't happen. I'm so glad to have you accompany Christian. I have no regrets."

Brandon...

I sacrificed many things for an unrequited and toxic love that I have for someone without having anything in return. I stretch my hand towards him but he left me falling on my own. Now that I saw and know the truth, He isn't even sorry for what he did to me.