Chapter 31

!Read with caution!

Elena's POV

"I don't know Felicity. I feel like this is so wrong," I said. We are supposed to be sleeping right now but I am bugging Felicity by ranting about a few of my concerns. I was sitting at the top of my bed while punching the lifeless pillow. On the other hand, Felicity was covered up with a blanket and has her face covered by a pillow.

"If I knew that you are going to invite me to a sleepover just to keep me awake, I should have declined your offer," she groaned under the pillow.

"You are my best friend. I thought that you are going to comfort me."

She still lay on the bed without moving and stayed quiet.

"Well, do you have anything to tell me?" I raised both of my hands in the air to emphasize every word I said, but it didn't work.

"I'm not in a mood to hear about your concerns to others. What I want to know is your life," she grumbled.

"My life?", I choked. Nothing is interesting that happened in my life. Only school and homework is the topic I could bring up right now.

" Fine. If you want to talk about my life, then you are the one who will toss me questions and I will answer them."

The moment I told her that, she sat down quickly and faced me, her eyes looking straight at mine. I gulped.

"Anything?", she asked. Her eyes glimmered with the hope that made me want to take back what I said a while ago.

" I don't know. It is based on the questions you will give me."

She raised her right foot, resting her elbow at her knee, and shrugged.

"So, what do you want to ask me?"

I hope that she won't ask me about Raymond. This is the topic that I will gladly end my life.

"What do you plan to do with Raymond?"

Damn... I jinxed it!

"What do you mean?", I stuttered as I wrapped my arms around me, showing how pissed I am. There are lots of other topics we could talk about but she decided to pick the most sensitive one.

Her eyes are still looking deep at me. It feels like she is watching my reaction.

" You already know why he left you and now he wants you back. What are you going to do?"

She raised her voice a bit higher, making sure that I can hear every word she said.

"I..."

The truth is the moment when I knew that he didn't leave me because he hates me, I felt somehow happy. All those years, I believed that I did something wrong for him to hate me. It turns out that he doesn't want me to be worried.

But despite that happiness, regrets swept towards me. I wished that he hadn't lied to me. If he didn't, then I could have been by his side, taking care of him.

Who has been watching him? When he needs someone to be with him, who did he call for help? Who prepares him meals when he needs to stay all day in bed? Who keeps him happy and entertained while he was bored?