Chapter 12

"Elena, eat now. I know that you're hungry.", Raymond started, worried. Elena stared at him angrily. " And who told you that?! Christian?! If I knew that you guys planned for this, then I wouldn't have let Christian kidnapped me!"

Raymond looked at her, clueless. "Christian kidnapped you?!", he said worriedly. She just rolled her eyes.

Raymond sighed. " Elena, I'm so sorry that I kept my sickness a secret from you. I just wanted to make sure that if I die, you won't -"

"Stop saying the word 'die'! That word is freaking me out.", she said. She heard the whole story from Raymond. All of her heart and anger from him disappeared. She doesn't feel anything but sadness and fear.

Raymond looked back at his food. Sorry is the only thing he said. He wants Elena to forgive him and he'll do anything - even sacrifice his life - just to earn her forgiveness.

" You should have trusted me. Do you know the pain that you have me when you broke up with me? I felt like I was not enough. Like I was nothing to you. Your words kept on haunting me in my dreams. I tried going out on dates, doing the things I love, and forget about you, but the more I did those things, the more I remember you. You're killing me in every single thing I do."

"I know. I've been so stupid and selfish. I'm so sorry.", he muttered. His heart keeps on aching.

Finally, he looked straight at her eyes and smiled - a fake smile. " Elena, I guess I am destroying your life. It's better if we say our goodbyes now."

Shocked filled Elena as she slowly absorbed his words. He appears right in front of me, then he'll leave as nothing happened? What does he take me for?!

She took a deep breath and agreed. It is better this way. Our pasts can't be fixed anymore. Like a broken mirror, it will always be a broken one no matter what you do.

Elena finally eats her meal. She savored the meal properly. This will be the last meal she'll eat with Raymond in front of her. Somehow, she is happy to be able to see him even if this means it will be the last.

Sweet music filled the air. The couples around the room are dancing in the middle. Elena looked at all of the couples. They all look so happy. She wants to be as happy as they are.

Raymond's body blocked her view. She looked up at his face, absorbing everything that she sees. He asked her for a dance, their final dance. She peeked at his strong hand, placing her palm into it.

He held her hand firmly. He guided her to the middle of the dancing couples.

Raymond has both of her hands in his. He gently stoked them, then placed them at the back of his neck. He placed his hands at her waist and held her close to him.

They both looked at each other in the eyes. "Raymond?", Elena said. Her eyes shone beautifully. Raymond smiled. " Are you uncomfortable? If you are, I'll back off.", he quickly replied.

Elena shooked her head.

She backed off.

Slowly, leaving Raymond on the dance floor.

Before leaving she glanced back at him and said, "I need time. More time, I guess."

She left the restaurant and was seen by Felicity who gave her a tight hug before Elena bursts into tears.

Alexa looked at Raymond and Elena. They look like a perfect couple. She poked her steak over and over again, not showing any signs of hunger. They walked towards them a while ago, saying that they decided to stick together.

"I want to go home!", she blurted out, still poking the piece of meat. Her black dress is right at her waist and her shoulders are being shown. She is uneasy about these kinds of clothes.

She peeked at Christian. He is still staring at her. Stop looking this way silly! You're making me more self-conscious! Alexa fought the urge to kick his ass.

Alexa ceased causing further damage to her food as she saw Elena leaving.

Raymond sat between them and cupped his gentle face.

Alexa and Christian tried to lighten the mood, but Raymond insisted that they should enjoy themselves at the party.

Both of them refused, saying that it is not right.

Alexa doesn't like the mood filling the air. She stood up from her seat, pulling Christian to her side. " Well, Christian and I will go around and check the place."

"Woah!", Christian said.

She pulled Christian with her, dragging him helplessly.

---

"Alexa, we need to help Raymond. I know that he deserves this, but this is too much!" Christian walked around in circles, using every single brain cell left.

Alexa smirked. In her hands, she held a bottle of wine.

"Forget about it. Walking around in circles wouldn't do anything." Alexa drank a few gulps of wine before looking back at him.

He gave her the glares. "Well, at least I'm not drinking wine and giving up. We got to do something!"

"It is up to her. We have no choice but to wait."

"But! Hey, would you stop that! You might get drunk."

Christian grabbed the wine away from Alexa's grasps, raising it above in the air. She raised her hands, trying to take it back.

After a few attempts, she finally has it. She quickly took a few more gulps before Christian steals it back.

---

"Put me down.", Alexa groaned. Christian has her in his arms, carrying her towards her hotel room. Raymond booked them a hotel with different rooms because Alexa was drunk.

"If you aren't drunk, I would have dropped you moments ago. Hey! Stop pushing!"

Alexa pushed him away, but she was drunk and weak.

Christian finally arrived at the right hotel room. He opened the room and took a few turns before arriving at the bedroom.

He placed Alexa gently on the soft bed. He looked at her sleeping face. Her cheeks are pinkish-red. He poked them. She looks so cute when she's sleeping.

Alexa groaned and shifted her weight to her side - the side where Christian is facing her. She continues to sleep peacefully.

Christian on the other hand, gazes at her face. His eyes lowered down until he saw Alexa's soft lips.

It looks... Tempting...

His thumb gently caressed her lower lip.

Christian smiled.

He leaned forward, kissing Alexa softly at her forehead.

He was about to leave the room when a strong grip pulled him, laying him down beside Alexa.

Alexa leaned closer to him, snuggling at his chest.

He can't help but swallow.

He has never been this close to Alexa. She is the one who pushes him away.

"Christian.", she whispered.

His body froze as he heard Alexa talk at her sleep. " Did she just-", he said, surprised.

Her hand held his long white sleeves tightly. She is just below Christian's neck.

He has no choice but to sleep beside Alexa, in fear of waking her up.

He hugged Alexa, wrapping his arms around her, securing her in place. He stroked her hair, breathing in her scent. It made him feel safe...

Slowly, he falls asleep, his lips near her cheek.