Chapter 9 - Elena's Birthday Party

*Narattor*

Alexa stood outside Elena's building for a long time that her knees started to hurt. She doesn't want to go to her party, but she must keep an eye on her. Last time, she planned her party at a bar and ended up talking and drinking wines with some dudes.

I have no choice. I made a promise and a promise I must keep. She was about to step inside the entrance when someone stepped out. "Oh. Alexa! You are invited here too?" Alexa quickly retrieved her foot and dropped her hands in her pockets.

"I have no choice.", Alexa told him honestly. She doesn't have a choice. She stepped inside the building, ignoring the fact that Christian is also invited.

The party is grander than grand. There are snacks and sweets everywhere! Donuts, cookies, granola bars, brownies, and cakes surround them. The room is filled with pink objects. Even the wall is pink. There are chocolate fountains on each side of the table.

Alexa's mouth fell open. This is the first time she had seen many snacks in the world.

" Alexa! You're here!", Elena squealed and rushed to hug her. Elena wears a pink shirt with a cute glittery pink mini skirt. She looks like a princess.

"I know.", Alexa blurted out.

Elena grabbed her hand and handed her a plate. " Go and grab some snacks. We'll be having a sleepover party!"

Alexa nodded slightly and stared at her empty plate. She remembers the time she ate the baked goods Miss Claire gave her. Recalling that moment made her shiver.

After helping herself with a few snacks, she headed towards Elena's bedroom.

-----+++-----

All of them are gathered around in a circle, waiting for Elena to start the main event of the party - games!. Behind each person are some sleeping bags, revolving around the person.

There are like 18 persons here. Thank goodness Elena's room is spacious and comfortable.

"Sorry to keep you waiting! Let the party begin!"

Everybody clapped their hands. Different emotions can be seen in the room. Excitement, happiness, satisfaction, enjoyment, and many more. Alexa feels the opposite. I wanna go home.

Elena smiled and placed a bottle in the middle of the circle. " Who calls a sleepover a sleepover if there is no truth or dare!"

The audience roared with excitement. Alexa turned pale in horror. She'll use this game for her to confess! I knew that she has a plan in mind! Alexa looked at Elena, giving her the stares. She will just have to survive this night.

Elena spun the bottle. Alexa slams her teeth together, hoping that it won't land on her. Her forehead started sweating and her heartbeats faster than before. 

"Do you still have a crush on Ricky?", a girl student asked another girl. The girl turned embarrassed and uneasy. She shifted her body, side to side, and turned to face the boy-called-Ricky. "Y-yes.", she uttered.

The crowd turned wild and a lot of screaming and squealing can be heard around the room. Alexa couldn't help but cover her ears with two pillows. Make the noise stop!

"Ricky! Do you like her?", Elena asked quickly, showing excitement. Ricky looked around him, trying to avoid her gaze, and looked at the girl. "Sorry, I have a girlfriend."

"Oohhh!!!"

30 minutes have passed and Alexa hadn't been picked by the bottle to play. That is good. I shouldn't tell Elena about Raymond.