Chapter 23

The Christian's POV

It has been a week since Alexa stopped going to school. Jeez... She seemed to forget the importance of education and fall deeper into her unhappiness.

Arriving at home earlier than before, I saw my mother talking to someone. A girl? She doesn't look like the neighbor my mother talks with. And she looks young so that means...

"Christian, you arrived earlier than I expected. Come meet her. Do you remember her?"

I looked closely at the unfamiliar face of this girl. Somehow, I haven't seen her before. I gathered all my leftover brain cells to try remembering her, but sadly, I can't seem to recall.

"It's fine, mother. If I were in his position, I too won't remember someone. " She showed me an incredibly delighted smile. That smile is quite familiar...

She is wearing a dark blue skirt and a cute white blouse. Her blonde hair is tied in 2 pigtails, showing her light brown eyes.

"Chezka, is that you?", I blurted out. She used to live next to my house when we were kids. I remembered the time we played princess and knight. Recalling how stupid and childish we were before made me laugh a bit.

" Wow! You remembered my name! That's cool! Your memory is good as ever!", she exclaimed with joy. I can see how pleased she was when I recognized her.

"Not really. But I'm good that I remembered. We used to play Princess and the Knight at the playground before. Recalling that makes me think how childish we were."

"I remembered that one too! Whenever I called for help, you were always there. Even if it's a game, I can't help but think that you are my shining knight." She stepped near me and gave me a bear hug.

"Come on inside. I will go and prepare some snacks. Do you still love eating granola bars?", my mother asked her.

" You don't have to do that, mother. I went here to check if you're still living here and thankfully, my hunch is right."

"What do you mean? Are you gonna live here again?", I asked her. She nodded, her eyes sparkling.

"I and My mother planned to stay here for good. Her contract in Japan is done and there is no more reason for us to stay there.", Chezka explained. She looked at my house and smiled with satisfaction.

"I'm glad to be here. Somewhere where I feel safe and secure at the same time." The wind blew gradually, making her hair sway. The familiar scent of hers spread at the moving air.

"I better be going. There are a lot of things that I and my mother will do like unpacking. See you later, mother!" She leaned and kissed my mother's cheek. My mother hugged her, telling her that she can visit here anytime.

"You are always welcome here at our home. "

My mother wants to have a daughter that's why she is more close to her. I was jealous before but now, I don't mind it at all. She isn't the type of person who has favorites and gives higher attention to others. She treats everyone equally.

"If you want, I can help you at unpacking your things.", I volunteered. Spotting the large boxes in the truck, I know that they needed some help.