Chapter 4 - Christian's School Absence Explained

Alexa's POV

I sat in my chair, flipping the pages on my book. I looked at the desk right beside me.

Empty...

Christian hadn't been this late before. I wonder where he is right now.

I stared at the empty desk intensely, like he'll appear any second. But the more I stared, the more I feel anxious.

"As I care.", I whispered to myself and started reading again.

"Looks like someone didn't show up," Elena said, as she folded her arms around her chest.

I ignored her, holding the book closer to my face.

Elena growled.

Elena slammed her hand hard at my desk.

"Hey! I'm talking to you!", she said a bit loudly.

"Elena, stop making trouble and sit down.", Miss Claire announced.

The whole class suddenly looked at the two of us, making Elena conscious.

Miss Claire closed the door and stared at Elena.

Elena suddenly recoiled and gave me a mean look before sitting down at her chair.

"Elena is being noisy early in the morning. Thank goodness Miss Claire came right on time before another fight will happen. I wonder who will win.", a girl whispered to her seatmate.

The seatmate listened attentively.

"Well, we know that Alexa will be taking the lead. Elena can't defeat someone like Alexa cause she is crazy."

The girl nodded in agreement.

I smiled wickedly. That's true.😎

Elena suddenly kicked the chairs of the 2 girls, showing her anger between her actions.

"You are so dead, Alexa.", Elena whispered through her teeth.

" Today, Christian handed an excuse letter. He'll not be here for a week.", Miss Claire informed us.

Oh...

That's why he isn't here.

I set aside my book, pulling out my notebook, placing them neatly on my desk.

I always put my notebook at my desk without writing at it. It is more of a design for my empty desk.

"Class, the exams will be in two weeks. Make sure to take note of our lectures. Most of them will appear at your tests.", Miss Claire said as she wrote on the board.

All of the students took notes quickly. No one dares to miss even a single note.

I looked at my notebook, lying on my arm. I took a big gulp as I continued to stare at it.

Christian needs these notes.

After fighting with myself, I grabbed my pen and opened my notebook, pressing the pen on the paper.

-----+++-----

Christian's POV

I wiped my forehead with my handkerchief as I loaded the last box into the truck.

"Nice job kiddo!", a middle-aged man said, patting my back.

"Thank you, sir.", I said.

Finally, I'm done.