Keeping my distance

"Here"  Camila told Ethan who was helping her to set her apartment in LA. She was already missing her dad, her mom and sofi.

"My sweet Mila you got a nice chance, so avail this.Life doesn't give chances often. Work hard and remember that your father will always support what you do" These were the last words her father told her.

Sinu wanted to come but sofi had a school and her father needed medicines on time so she sent her with Ethan who was like their one of the family member. After arriving to LA, they first went to studio to sign some documents for legal purpose and then she was sent to an apartment which was given by the company.

"Uffffffffffff...it was so tiring" Ethan said while collapsing on a couch.

"I had to check all the security locks etc and then I'll leave" he told her.

"You'll left me alone" Camila said innocently in a begging voice to stay.

"Mila!!! don't do that or I wouldn't want to leave......you are such a baby...see you will have to live alone if you want to do something bigger in life, you'll have to come out of your comfort zone" she noded on Ethan's advice.

"I'll make sure that y'll be safe here and then I'll have to go cuz I have work to do in Malibu...I can't stay" he further told her.

"I can understand... don't worry I'll be OK " she said with a smile on her face but mentally she was still scared.

"That's like a good girl " he said.

                ...................................

"I fuckin can't wait for tomorrow's night....I wanna see her so bad" Shawn told Brian. Their was a party arranged by one of his publicist and most of the artists under their label were invited. Andrew told Richard to make sure Camila would be there so that Shawn would stop giving him headache.

"Bro you've waited for her for 6 years almost and now you are being so impatient, look at you..you look like a lost puppy." Brian said making his fun.

"Shut up!! Don't ruin my mood...I'm just...I don't know but this is just my biggest desire in life..you know...to be able to be with her" He said and pressed his lips together.

"I know man...you are screwed" Brian said without even lookin at him. He was busy in playing game in his phone.

"Yeah!! Whatever" Shawn leaned back to fill his thoughts with her...her beautiful smile. He smiled to himself. But it didn't last cuz of beep of a text he received from Hailey. He sighed and opened the text.

"You think you'll clear your way by breaking up with me on your phone. We need to talk Shawn"

Shawn frowned in annoyance at the text he just read and blocked her number.

"That feels relieved" He said and clearly didn't realise how important it was to sort his matters with Hailey.

                     .............................

"This is your manager Roger and Roger this is Camila" Richard introduced them to one another.
"I'll leave you guys here and Camila don't forget to come at the party tonight... I've to introduce you to some people" He told her before leaving.

"So Camila please have a seat first" Roger directed her.
"I'm Roger Gold... I'll have to manage all of your schedules but we'll have to exchange our numbers first." Camila gave him her number and he texted her to save his own.

" So what's your plans...a new song or something" He asked.

"Yeah actually I've written a bunch of songs before cuz it's my hobby and I showed them...they really liked it and said that I need to make an album out of it but before.... I need to do a collaboration  with some famous artist.....so that I'll be introduced into the Industry" she told him the details.

"Yeah.....this is how it will go..I think" He said and noticed Camila grabbing her head.

"What's the matter. Are you alright" he asked in a worry.
"Yes actually I didn't get the sleep yesterday, so I'm feeling headache"

she didn't sleep the night before cuz she wasn't used to be all alone in an apartment...it was her first time. She was scared of an unknown fear and the fact that she missed her family was just adding fuel to the fire.

"Then I think you should go to your apartment and get some sleep cuz you've a party to go at night I guess. " He told her.

"Yes thanks!! I'll leave then...nice to meet you Mr. Roger."

                   .............................

"Shawn I'm telling you again.. Don't get too obvious in front of her okay"  Andrew warned him for at least 3rd time since they've arrived at the party.

"What do you think I'm 9 year old...I'm Shawn Mendes I know what to do" he declared.

"You are not 9 year old Shawn Mendes but the way you act about that girl you look like freakin 5 year old instead" Brian spit his drink out of his mouth and started laughing at the same time on Andrew's statement.

"Alright I get you guys...I think I need to leave now" he left with an extremely annoyed face.

As he came near a pool to breath in a fresh air, his breath hitched as he caught a beautiful sight of a girl for whom he was logging for years now. Blue dress that ended just above her knees was looking absolutely adorable. Her hair were long open just like 6 years ago but with increased volume. She was standing at the opposite corner of pool talking to a group of some people with the most beautiful smile on her face. He was in a phase of trance when Connor interrupted him.

"Need some shots bud"

"No...I don't" he said plainly. Connor noticed his attention was on someone else but he didn't ask anything as he saw Camila from afar.
                    .............................

"This is Andrew" Richard introduced her to a man who was wearing white shirt and glasses but camila's attention was not on him instead she was focused on a known figure beside him "Shawn Mendes", whose songs were more than just songs for her....they were like a life. No doubt she had a crush on him in the back of her mind but she won't ever admit that. She had already met so many famous people at the party and Shawn was a beautiful addition to them until she came to know it's more than just an introduction.

"What!!! I've to collab with Shawn Mendes" she said in a shock.

"Is it that horrible to collab with me" Shawn said with a grin on his face.

"No I didn't mean that actually it's totally opposite what I expected...I mean I knew it would be someone famous but with Shawn Mendes is actually a dream come true" she said in an overwhelming state. Shawn internally patted himself on having such an impact on his longtime crush. His pride took a step higher as he said.

"I won't blame you.. Most girls freak out when they see me in real...I don't mind these little things at all... I know I'm a Shawn Mendes...you know...but I'm just like a regular dude, don't worry about that" he stopped himself from going further as he realised how awkward he's getting.

"Yeah I know I can understand" she said in embarrassment.
Before their conversation would've gone more awkward Andrew decided to jump in.

"I think Camila you should come to the studio tomorrow so we can begin to work on our project" Camila nodded and moved few tendrils of her hair behind her ear as she noticed Shawn's gaze boring into her face. She  wondered why it feel like they've met before...maybe she had seen him so much on TV and listened to his interviews that he sounded familiar.

               ......................................

"I know I'm good at keeping my distance...you know that you're the feeling I'm missing.."

Shawn was playing his guitar making melodies while he wrote new lyrics under the line he wrote before in Malibu.

"I'm in Toronto and I've got this view"

He wondered how long the song would take to complete.

                    ..............................

(Hey!!! new chapters  are coming soon...vote and comment💓)