Friend Game (Part-1)

"What did you want from me...." He was about to spill all his anger over Hailey as soon as he saw her standing alone with her back turned towards him, on the rooftop but stopped when she turned around on his voice and ran to hug him tightly. She started crying in his chest and her sudden display of vulnerability caught him off guard. He stood there frozen for a moment and then gently pulled her away.

"What happened?" He asked.

"He left me. He said I'm not what he wanted, he ditched me Shawn" She said within sobs and grabbed him quickly to hug him tighter this time. The cold wind on rooftop made her body shiver and being a gentleman Shawn couldn't pulled her away or let her cry like that.

"It will be alright" He said putting his hand finally on her back.

...........................

Sipping her glass of wine, she looked around. She was definitely searching for someone but was disappointed because he was nowhere to be seen.

"Looking for someone?" Brian said taking a seat beside her.

"No..why would I?" She replied.

"Cause you want to talk to him." He said.

"Who are you talking about" She said as she didn't have any idea.

"Camila you know I'm talking bout your boo, Shawn" he told her.

"What" she said in surprise.

"Yes Camila I know everything, though he wasn't planning to do so but he did tell me that you guys are so-called friends now" He replied twitching his fingers.

"Where's your friend by the way?" She asked trying to be smart.

"See..I knew you were looking for him" he said with a victory smile.

"Brian! " She said in annoyance.

"Come on Camila you can trust me and tell me everything" He said with a sigh.

"Why would I tell you, you are Shawn's friend not mine" She replied sipping wine from her glass.

"Cause according to him I've broken the bro-code and he'll never gonna trust me" he told.

"Wha- What kinda bro code" she asked with a confused frown.

"I told you the whole story of how he was madly in love with you" he said placing his elbows on the counter now facing the crowd. "See I lost my friend coz of you Camila, so now it's your time to payback" He added.

"Shut up! Brian, don't be ridiculous" She said while standing up from her seat, putting her glass on the counter.

"Where you going?" He asked.

"Home....I guess I'm tired now" She told him.

"Wait.. Shawn would be right there anywhere, he'll drop you home" He suggested, thinking of his friend.

"I'm not kid Brian, I can go alone.. thanks, see you again" She said picking up her clutch and waving at him before leaving.

       ............................

Shawn parked his car in front of Hailey's apartment. He wasn't planning to drop Hailey at her home but the gentleman his parents raised didn't allow him to left her on her own in that condition.

"Won't you come in?" She offered him sitting in the passenger seat. Her voice was heavy due to previous crying.

"No.." He said directly.

"Okay, as you wish" She said with a disappointed voice. "Look Shawn" she said further and sighed "I know what I did was really wrong and I'm not in a position to apologise but what you did for me today means alot to me. I really appreciate that" She added.