Moms know

Camila unwrapped the parcel to find a box with a card tugged on it.

"With love Shawn Mendes" She read and opened the box to find a cassette and a tape recorder. She put the cassette in tape and search for on button. The beat started dancing in her ear as soon as she pressed the button.

I can't write one song that's not about you
Can't drink without thinking about you
Is it too late to tell you that
Everything means nothing if I can't have you....

The first words which hit her ears caught her off guard. Was that the song Shawn was talking about, he wrote for her' she thought to herself. Soon she started enjoying the beat, realising that the lyrics were about her.

I know that you're the feeling I'm missing
You know that I hate to admit it

She heard and felt a little proud of herself for drawing that kinda poetry from an arrogant boy. As the song finished she was about to replay it, but her phone started buzzing. She picked her phone to see Shawn was video calling her. Suddenly she felt self-conscious and ran to see herself in a mirror, making sure she looked good. Sliding the green icon, she put her phone upward.

"Hi" She said waving at him.

"Hey! did you get that?" He was eager to see her reaction.

"What?" She teased.

"The parcel I sent you" He asked anxiously.

"Ohhh that one..yeah" she smiled at him.

"Do you like it?" He asked hesitantly.

"No" Shawn's face gone pale for a while at her response. "I loved it" She said and his face turned from pale to pink shade.

"Really" He said in disbelief.

"Of course Shawn, it's amazing, the lyrics the beat everything...I loved it, thank you so much for dedicating such a beautiful thing to me"She exclaimed with happiness.

"It's just a song Mila like my other songs which are about you but I wish I could do more amazing things for just to see your beautiful smile" He wished and Camila just smiled shyly on his compliment.

"So...did you think..I mean about us" He tried to find right words.

"I did actually but I think we'll have to talk in person you know" She replied.

"Whenever you want, I'm always here for it..Next week we'll meet on grammys right" He asked.

"Yes I had a performance and I'm so nervous" She told him.

"I know, I had one too and I can feel you" He told her. "My parents are gonna be there, so I want them to meet the sweetest girl on earth"

"Are you in Toronto right now?" She asked hiding her blush.

"My song's gonna release at midnight, so I'll be heading back for rehearsals in two days" He told her and meanwhile she heard her doorbell ring.

"Ok I'm so excited to meet you and your parents, say hi to them.. I've to go now bye" She said quickly.

"I will, bye!" He replied smiling. Camila shut the face time and rushed towards the door. She opened it and found the face she wasn't expecting to be there.

"Mama" She almost shouted and wrapped her arms around her.

"Surprise!!! my flower" Sinu said stroking her long hair.

"I missed you" She kissed her mother's face.

"I missed you more" Sinu told her.

"Now let mama in or you want her to spend the night on your door" Another wave of shock spread over her as she heard Ethan's voice behind Sinu's back.

"Ethan! you too"She hugged him tightly. "Come in please, I just got overexcited sorry"

"It's ok my sweet child" Sinu said giving her a biggest smile." Actually Ethan told your papa that he was going to show you your new place so he insisted me to go with him to meet you coz apparently I was upset for not seeing you in real for long time."

"How's papa..Is he alright?" She asked with concern look.

"He's feeling much better Mila, I won't leave him alone, If I was a bit unsure of his health but now he can do most of his work by himself and go out on daily stroll with Me in the morning" Sinu tried to satisfy her worried daughter.

"What do doctor says?" She asked again.

"They say, walking for him would be a miracle but he can at least stand on his feet by himself..If he'd keep trying." Sinu said sitting on a sofa.

"Are you guys hungry.. should I order something" She asked looking at both of them.

"Of course, Mila and after lunch we'll go to see your place.. you'd love it"Ethan told her.

"Oh my God..I'm super excited" She said and picked her phone to get the order.

         .........................................

"Who's the girl you were face timing on your phone?" Karen asked while putting fruit salad on kitchen counter in front of Shawn who was sitting on a barstool.

"Which girl?" He was unsure.

"How many girls do you face time a day" She taunted.

"Well it depends" He teased his mom.

"Shut up Shawn! You know I'm talking about a girl you were face timing 20 minutes ago" She said in annoyance.

"Mum your spying skills suck at this point, you didn't even got the name of a girl, your son was talking with" He picked a pineapple with a fork inserting it in his mouth.

"Drooling over..."She corrected him. "You were practically drooling over her, I came into your room to put your socks in drawer of your closet and you didn't even notice me" She drop the bomb.

"I was that much into it" He asked in surprise.

"You were very much into it..now tell me who's she" She asked again, putting a frying pan aside.

"She's the girl... You'll soon meet" He told her.

"Really Shawn..Is she the one" Pure happiness and excitement spreaded all over her face.

"She is..mum, she's the one I always dreamed of" He told her no moving his fork in plate unintentionally."Just pray for me that she'll say yes"

"She will Shawn, which girl with brain, on earth can say no to my son..look at you are a real life prince" Her mum said proudly.

"Mum.. She's different so you shouldn't expect her to fell for your son that easily" He laughed to himself. "Infact your son have to go through so much to get that girl."

"So she's the girl you talked about in your songs"
Shawn froze at his mum's revelation.
"What?.. I'm your mom and I can tell by your face that what's going on in your heart" she declared.

"Ok Mom Ok! I accept my defeat"

"As you should..Moms know everything"
She smiled.

     ............................................

Your comments and votes means alot Thanks guys💓💓💓