Only Friends

"Camila!" Shawn said removing his glasses.

"Shawn!! What are you doing here?" Camila asked as if he wasn't allowed to be there.

"Well I can ask the same question" he said. " But for your information I'm here to buy some grocery" he told her.

"But why there..this place is quite far from LA" she asked curiously.

"Do you think...I'm still stalking you Mila?...okay" he sighed in disappointment. "I often come in Malibu to work in my favourite music studio. This place was near highway so I stopped there to buy some stuff...that's it Mila....I had no idea that you were here" he explained.

"Sorry...I didn't mean it" she said feeling guilty for doubting him.

"Well..it's okay" he said and both went silent looking at each other, forgetting that Sofi was there too who listened to their conversation very keenly to get some tea and lightly coughed to diminish the awkward tension there.
They both hurriedly turned to see her.

"I mean he's right Mija, I was the one who spotted him...he didn't even know who I am...by the way what's this matter of stalking?" She asked trying to get some more tea.

"Nothing" Camila said interrupting Shawn who was about to say something.

"By the way Shawn why don't you come at our new house on dinner" Sofi told him.

"Did you guys buy a new house?" He said.

"Yup.. Camila bought a new house for us and it's not far from this store. You should come visit, Mama will be so happy to see you. She loves you" she added

"Sofi can you go, see if we didn't miss anything" Camila told her so that she'll leave them alone.

"Alright" she said."Don't forget to come on dinner" she told Shawn while leaving.

"Don't worry Camila, I'm not gonna come to your home, if you don't want"  He told her when Sofi left, predicting what she was gonna say.

"No..I didn't wanna say that, you can come at dinner but I just wanted to tell you that my mom or my sister doesn't know what happened between us and my dad didn't even know about that scandal...They all think we are just co-workers and good friends, so I want you to keep it a secret" she described.

"Don't worry Camila, it will be a secret..I promise, by the way....can we be just friends..as you said" he said with a smirk.

"Umm.. Alright, bye then!" she replied with a smile.

"But only friends" she told him while turning around to leave.

"We'll see.." he mouthed behind her.

"Did you say something?" She asked turning back.

"I..no..I just said, I'll see you there..just text me your address" he told her.

"Alright..I will" she turned to leave him there smiling like an idiot.

                      ................................

"Sofi..you didn't have to ask Shawn, to visit our home" Camila told Sofi while carrying a paper bag full of grocery in her hands. Sofi was also carrying stuff on their way back to home. They walked back cause, their new mansion wasn't that faraway and now they were nearly at their door.

"What? you didn't want him to come our home..Is there anything I don't know and what were you guys talking about, did he stalk you before Mija?" Sofi asked everything swirling in her mind.

"Sofi! It's not what I mean...I was saying this cause he's a celebrity and remain busy all the time,He came here for work too.." Camila tried to explain changing the topic.

" Whatever Mija..he didn't seem to mind visiting our place, instead he was looking happy and interested and I just invited him cause my best friend chloe is his biggest fan, so, I'll call her and tell her to come home if she wanna meet him" she told Camila who was now unlocking the door with her keys.

"Sofi....Camila..why you took too long?" Sinu asked as soon as both of them stepped in the house.

"Nothing Mama...we just.."Camila was cut off by Sofi "met Shawn...Shawn Mendes you know and guess what...I invited him on a dinner" she told sinu in excitement.

"Shawn, that cute boy..oh it's great I wanted to meet him too" sinu said. Camila rolled her eyes on Sinu's comment.

"What's wrong with you baby" sinu asked eyeing her.

"Nothing wrong mama..I'm just tired..I'm going in my room to rest" she told her. Sinu noded while Sofi began to tell her about her friend who was a biggest fan of Shawn and she was inviting her too at dinner.

                         ...........................

"Bro..what do you think about this" Shawn asked Scott showing him a blue dress shirt in hanger.

"I think it will suit you" Scott replied busy checking his notes.

"But... wouldn't it be too much for a dinner.. what do you say Scott" he asked looking at the shirt in a confusion.

"Then try another one" he told him still looking at his notes.

"I'm talking to you Scott and you aren't even lookin at me" he said in frustration.

"Shawn" he said putting his notes aside. "I don't know what that girl has done to you but you start acting like a child whenever it comes to her" Scott said putting his hands on his knees while sitting on a couch.

"You, Andrew, Brian fuck!!" He said while sitting in front of him, resting his shirt on a side. "Everyone said that...Am I really that whipped for her?" He asked inserting his fingers in his curls and combing them backwards.

"Don't worry man!! Look at you..you are in love with her deeply.. aren't you" he asked calming him down.

"Of course I'm, I didn't deny" Shawn replied.

"Than just let this happen. See I've noticed how you wanted to look perfect for her but remember, no one is perfect nor you Shawn! and this makes you nervous, even you wrote a song about it" he told him. "I know...so don't put too much effort to look like someone you are actually not...just be yourself around her and see if she'll fall for you or not coz if you even became successful to make her love someone you are not...it won't last Shawn, she'll knew it sooner or later" he explained."Wait for things to occur  naturally like you fell in love with her, did she know you will, did she try to impress you.. of course not, so wait if you believe that your love for her is powerful than anything else"

Shawn listened his every word so carefully and came to conclusion that he's right. Why he's putting extra effort in pretending someone else. He can put this effort to win her back by gaining her trust.

"Thanks man, your advice has been always very helpful for me" Shawn said with a smile. Scott was more than a co-writter for Shawn. He was a man who knew him since he was 15. Shawn poured his heart out many times in front of him, not that clearly but he knew what Shawn was going through coz it was reflected in his songs.

"I know...now get up and put on anything you want..you look good in literally everything" he told him smiling back.

               ....................................

I wanted to write bit more but also wanted to update, so here it is..enjoy and vote for it💕