Chapter Twelve: A New Year

I woke up and yawned. I didn’t even mind going to school that day! I was just so excited for the New Year! “2013! I’m so excited! Who CARES if it’s 13 and it’s an unlucky number!?” I thought as I got dressed. I wore this.

I went down for breakfast. I poured my cereal and ate quickly. Then I grabbed my backpack and dashed out the door to the bus stop. I was the first one, so I whipped my phone out of my pocket and texted Nicole.

Tiffany’s Phone

K: Hey Nicole! Where r u?

T: @ my house eating bfast.Y?

K: Cuz im @ the bus stop!

T: What!? Well, ur quite the early bird

K:????????

T: Dude! It’s only 6:50! The bus comes at 7:10! Lol ;)

K:lol! I know! I’m just really excited that it’s a new year!

T: Ikr! Oop, gtg. I have to take a shower quick! C ya soon!

K: bye! ^_^

*End of convo*

I waited for the next 20 minutes for the bus. When it came, we got on and sat in our seats. I took out my phone and opened my e-mail. But I needed Wi-Fi for my e-mail, which I didn’t have on the bus. “Shoot. I’ll have to do it at school,” I thought. We finally got to school and I shot off the bus like a rocket. When Nicole caught up with me, she said “What’s got into you?!” “I dunno!” I replied smiling. “Excited I guess!” “For SCHOOL?!” she asked giving me a strange look. I blushed. “Not exACTLY” I replied. “It can’t be the weekend, it’s Tuesday.” she said. She shrugged and said “Whatever it is, I guess it’s not MY business.” We got to our lockers. I dialed my number on the lock, but it wouldn’t open! I tried again looking carefully at the numbers. Still not cooperating! I told Nicole I’d be right back. Then I dashed off to the office and told them about my lock. They said they had a key that opened every locker lock in the entire school. She showed me a little key hole on the back of my lock. She inserted the key and unlocked the lock. “Thanks so much!” I thanked her. She said she would get me a new lock and walked away smiling. I opened my locker and checked myself in my mirror. I looked fine, so I got my books and told Nicole I was going to check my e-mail. I walked quickly to the library so I would have time before the bell. When I got there, it was packed with kids on the computer. I managed to find an open computer and logged on. Then I went on my e-mail and sent this…

Hey Harry!

I just wanted to say hi! I’m excited for our date tonight! <3 <3 <3 <3!! –Tiffany

Amanda!

-Amanda ;)