Chapter 28: Forgiving

*Niall’s POV*

It’s been a month since Nicole left.

*

I wake up and throw on some random outfit, then I start down the stairs for breakfast, when Liam stops me and takes me to his room.

“Niall, we need to talk.”

“Um, Ok.”

We sit on his bed and he says “So, I heard that you believe Nicole that the bartender kissed her, not the other way around.”

I nod.

“She posted that Tweet because she was hurt. But she deleted it.”

“So what?”

“She deleted it. She must’ve thought about your feelings. Deep down, she still cares for you. You still care for her.”

I look at my feet quietly. It’s sort of true, I guess.

“Niall, you’ve been eating less. What’s wrong.”

Suddenly a few tears slip from my eyes.

“Yes. I still love her. I love more than anything.”

“That solves the eating problem.”

“I miss her more than ever. Nothing seems fun anymore without her. It’s like a big gap in my life. Food is nothing now. I just want her back. I made such a big mistake. Now I don’t even know where she is. She’s not going to tell any of us, not even Louis or Tiffany. I’ll never see her again!!!”

“Niall…”

Then I start letting out sobs. I cry into my hands. Liam hugs me and tries to comfort me.

“There’s nothing worth living for anymore…” I whisper.

“Niall, don’t think that way.”

I don’t answer him.

“Niall, you aren’t killing yourself.”

I shake my head and say “That’s not what I’m thinking.”

I shake my head again and stand up. “I’m going to find her. Right now. I am looking for her.”

“Niall-”

I leave and go out the door before he can stop me. I see some clouds in the distance. Oh dang, it’s going to rain. No matter… Nicole is all I need now.

*

*Nicole’s POV*

I go over to Ashley’s room and knock on the door.

“Want to go grocery shopping?”

“Sure!”

We decide to walk, since it’s a nice day. We get to the store and start throwing things into our cart until it’s filled. We head to the checkout line. It’s really long. Then I see some girls looking at me and whispering. They glare at me. “I think I’m going to go wait outside. Is that okay?”

“Of course!”

When I get to the door, it is pouring. Of course. Whatever. I go out into the parking lot and walk through the rain.