Chapter 17: Sick

I wake up at around one o clock in the morning. My stomach lurches, and I run to the bathroom and lift the toilet seat up and barf into it. Ugh! I hate throwing up! After a few minutes, I do it again. Just then, Niall comes rushing in. When he sees what’s happening, he looks horrified. He rushes to me and kneels next to me. “Are you ok?” he asks. I nod weakly, then throw up again. The others come in, tired and confused. They see me throwing up and ask me things like am I ok. I nod at that question continuously as I barf. It finally stops around 1:25. I feel horrible. I rinse water in my mouth to get the awful taste out. Then I flush the toilet and go back to my room with Niall. A few minutes later, he brings a plastic bucket into my room and sets it down next to my bed. “In case you throw up again, you can just do it into the bucket and not have to run to the bathroom.” I smile meekly and thank him. Then, exhausted, I go to sleep, my stomach churning around.

        At about 5:05, my eyes shoot open, and my stomach leaps. I quickly get down on the floor and put my mouth over the bucket. I throw up, making an awful noise. Niall must not have heard it, because he can be a pretty heavy sleeper. Harry came rushing in when he realized Niall hadn’t heard. I knelt by me and rubbed my back, trying to help me. I appreciated it very much. He said things like “It’s gonna be ok.” About ten minutes later, Niall came rushing in. “What’s going on?” he asks. We both look up at him. Then he realizes I’m sick again. “You must not have heard it. I heard Nicole throwing up, and I saw that you slept through it, so I helped her. We wouldn’t want her going through it alone,” Harry explains. Niall nods and rushes over to us. When it finally stops, we get into bed and go to sleep.

“Ok, what seems to be the problem?”

We’re at the hospital, since I was throwing up. We’re just getting me checked to see what’s wrong.

“Nicole has just been throwing up lately.” Niall replies.

“How much?” asks the nurse.

“Last night, from one to one thirty, then again at five o five to about five twenty.” he replies.

She nods, and scribbles on her board.

I go into a room, and she has me do a few tests.

After checking the results, she comes out and tells us the news.

“You’re pregnant.”

My eyes shoot open. I’m horrified. What if that really is true? What if this is a sign? No, it can’t be. But…what if…

        It’s nine thirty in the morning. I put on a comfy outfit…

I just ate a small breakfast, a piece of toast. “Ready?” asks Niall. I nod and throw on my jacket. We get into the car and head to the hospital. On the outside, I look pretty calm. On the inside, I’m scared to death. What if there really is a baby inside? I just shake it off. When we get to the hospital, we walk inside and go to the front desk and sign in. We sit on the comfy chairs in the waiting room, and Niall pulls out his phone and goes on Twitter. “Just don’t tweet about any of this me being sick business!” I whisper. He nods and continues. I pull out my phone and text my cousin, Tiffany.

Tiffany

Nicole

Hi. I’m sick. I’ve been throwing up, and I’m at the hospital to see what’s wrong. :(

Omg! I’m so sorry! Feel better soon! :(  gtg

thx. bye

I put my phone in my pocket and sigh. A lady then comes into the room. “Nicole Eversteen?” I stand up and walk over to her. Niall starts to follow, but then the nurse says “I’m sorry, only Nicole, please, Niall.” He nods and sits back down, pulling out his phone.

        She leads me to a room, and I sit down on the examination table. She talks to me about eating and stuff, then the doctor comes in. She does some tests, and then she says “Ok! I’ll look over the results. Please wait in the waiting room.” I nod and go back to Niall.

        The nurse comes back out a few minutes later and motions us to follow her. We went to the same room. I was half preparing myself for her to say I was having a baby. “You just have a minor case of the flu. It won’t spread easily, but just make sure not to get too close to anyone,” she told us. I nodded, relieved I wasn’t going to have a baby.

        When we get home, I go up to my room and read a magazine. I’m feeling better, but I’m still sick.  Then I get a text from Mom.

Mom

Hi! When r u coming home for a little bit?

I’m coming home in two months! When u having the baby?

In about 2 months! :D

K! gtg see u then!

I put my phone away and continue reading my magazine. When I finish it, I throw it onto the end of my bed and sigh. What to do? I pull out my iPod and pull up iTunes. I get my ear buds and listen to music. I recently got into Bridgit Mendler. I bought her album on my iPod. Right now it’s playing Forgot to Laugh. “If you go, you’re a joke, I forgot to laugh. If you drive away, hope you get a flat tire get stranded. If it’s goodbye today, know you’re leaving here empty handed.” I love this song! I continue listening and relaxing. Then, my stomach starts to feel funny. Uh-oh. I quickly stop the song on my iPod and get down on the floor, leaning over the bucket. I get sick into it and feel awful. It’s been decreasing, thank goodness.