Chapter 30: I'm Not Beautiful

"Nicole? Nicole!" I hear. Then I feel myself shaking gently. I open my wet eyes to see Niall's beautiful face.

"Nicole, why were you crying love?" he asks worriedly.

"H-hate," I respond quietly.

"What?" he asks.

I turn on my laptop and open up my e-mail. I show him the two e-mails and he reads them. His eyes narrow. He looks like he wants to punch the screen.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!?!?!?!" he screams at the screen.

"N-no. It's the truth," I whisper.

"Huh?" he asks, sitting on the bed with me. "No, it's not."

"Yes, it is. I'm ugly and fat and dumb! Don't tell me I'm not!" I say.

"Nicole, I will tell you you're not only because it's the truth. You're a beautiful, smart, healthy girl. Don't let anyone tell you different," he says quietly.

"I will let them tell me! It's the truth Niall!" I say.

He frowns and says "You're not ugly! You're not fat! You're not stupid! I don't hate you! I love you more than anything!"

Then he says "But I can see you want to be alone."

He gets up and leaves. I cry more.

*In the middle of the night*

I wake up thinking of the e-mails. I think of every bad thing everyone has ever said about me.

"You're dumb, you're fat, you're ugly, you're a loser, Niall HATES you!, you just cause trouble, heart breaker, GO DIE!

I cry so hard. I can't take this. I'm not worth it. I run crying to the bathroom and grab a bottle of pills. I sit on the cold tile floor and dump a bunch of them out onto my hand. I'm crying so hard I'm almost choking. I'm about to eat the pills when Niall comes running into the bathroom. He grabs my hand and the pills. He throws them to the ground and kisses me.

"Don't you ever leave me," he whispers.

"I-I won't," I choke out.

We hug for what seems like an hour. We both have tear stained faces.

"I love you," I say.

"I love you," he says.

We hug and hug. I cry. It feels like hours until Liam says "What just happened?"

We both look at him. He looks at the dumped pills on the floor.

"Wait, were you..."

I nod.

His eyes widen. "Well, I'm very glad Niall stopped you," Liam says quietly.

We stand up and he takes me back to my room.

"The press is NEVER hearing about this," Niall says sternly. "They'll just get in our faces and put stupid rumors all over the news."

I nod and so does Liam. Then Liam goes back to bed.

We get to my room and Niall says "Good night babe." and kisses me.

"Good night..." I say.

I walk into my room and shut the door.

I can't sleep. I get on my phone and play some games until I get tired.

I go to sleep...

The next day...

I wake up and rub my eyes. I get out of bed, take a shower, and get dressed in this...

I go downstairs and get some cereal. I eat it, then Tiffany comes downstairs and says "Hey, Nicole!"

"Hi!" I say smiling.

I guess Niall and Liam didn't tell the others. I'm glad.

She grabs the cereal and pours some into a bowl. She pours some milk in and starts eating while checking her e-mail on her phone. I decide not to check my e-mail.

I grab a bowl of cereal and eat it. Then I go on my laptop and catch up on school work. After a while, Niall comes downstairs and grabs food from the kitchen. He comes to my and sits down next to me. He puts his arms around my shoulders and we kiss. Then Harry comes down and yells "Who wants to go to the beach?!"

(writing in 2014 at age 12)

Louis jumps into the room yelling "Me!" a little more enthusiastically than he maybe should have. I chuckle at his antics and agree with him. Soon, everyone is pulling on swim suits and grabbing beach neccesities.