Chapter 14: Serious Shopping

• Dedicated to Hella Rad Warriors because why not

I go to all these different stores and I need WAY more time. I tell Tiffany and then I go to another store. After a few more hours, we finally meet up at the food court and go back to Harry’s house. When we walk in the door, we hear the guys up stairs singing. Could it be a new song? Then I hear “And I’m like OW! Never thought it hurt so ba-had, getting over you-hoo.” That’s when I realize their just rehearsing. I sit right outside the door of me and Niall’s room. When I hear Liam say he’s going to get a drink of water, I creep over and hide behind a huge pile of laundry. I see him walk out and hear him whistling. When he comes back up, I hide in the bathroom. I lock the door and pretend that I’m “going.” But really, I’m listening to them sing! Then I pull out my phone and tweet “When the 1D sings, they sound like magic!” Ok, you probably figured this, but I get a lot of negative tweets on twitter. But what I say is “I will not tolerate any of this. I am seriously reporting you to the Twitter Ban. Yeah. It’s real. I’ve already gotten messages saying the person that I reported was banned from Twitter for like, 6 months. Think about that. Sounds fun huh? Have fun being banned. >:/” It’s kind of fun to type that because then I know that they won’t get away with it. It’s then that I decide that I want to read. I’m on the last chapter of The Endless Journey. I finish it and drive to the library. I didn’t get it at that library, but its due really soon! I can’t renew it anymore! Then, I see a sign on the door. It says “Out of town? Book due soon? Just tell us and we can return it to the right library! Don’t ask how! Just do!” I get overjoyed. I rush in and explain to them. After that, I walk to a computer and type in the search bar “Mockingjay.” I’ve kept telling myself to read it, but haven’t gotten to do it. That’s when I realize, I don’t have a card for this library! “Shoot!” I think. I put it back and sigh. I guess I’ll get it on my Nook. At least I get to download books for free. I get my Nook out of my purse and go to a table. I sit down and download Mockingjay. Then I read the first chapter and turn off my Nook. I check the time on my phone. It’s already 4:00! I start to go to the door, when I need to go to the bathroom. I push open the door and walk inside, with my small boot heels clicking on the linoleum floor. I walk past a lady washing her hands and into a stall. I push the door of it open to see that someone didn’t flush! Gross! I go to the next stall, which luckily I find clean. I go and then wash my hands. I walk out and go into the parking lot. All of a sudden, a teenage boy steps in front of me. He smiles sweetly and takes my hands in his. He says “Hey, beautiful.” But I say, “Um, exCUSE me. I KIND of want to GO now.” I throw his hands down and walk to my car. But then, he runs up to me and gets in front of me. Then, he kisses me. I try to get away, but he just pulls me closer! Finally, he lets go and stops. “WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! YOU DISGUST ME, KISSING ME WHEN I ALREADY HAVE A BOYFRIEND. NIALL HORAN!!!” I scream right in his face. I stomp angrily to my car and drive off, leaving him standing there bewildered. I feel some hot tears forming in my eyes thinking about if paparazzi got a picture of that and put it on the news! When I get to Harry’s house, I rush in to find the news on. Niall is sitting on the couch. Then, they show a picture of me and that weird boy kissing! Oh no. Niall turns and just stares. “Why.” he says. “Niall! I swear! I was at the library, and in the parking lot, when that random boy came up and kissed me! I tried to break loose, but he wouldn’t let me! Please! I’m not lying!” I say desperately. He thinks for a while. Then he says “I know you’re not lying babe.” Then he tweets “ok listen up people. Nicole did NOT kiss that boy. HE kissed HER which was RANDOM. GOT IT. So if you dislike or hate her, then you’re just horrible.” “Thanks. You really look out for me,” I tell him smiling.  He leans in for a kiss. We kiss and pull away. I look outside. It’s starting to get dark. Then I get an idea. “Niall, do you like “Ghost in the Graveyard?’” I ask. “I love it, so do the others,” he replies, a grin spreading across his face. “Get the other guys and meet me in the backyard,” I say. I rush to grab six flashlights and pull open the sliding glass door. The cool air blows on my face as I step outside. I close the sliding glass door behind me and look out into the backyard. The guys all come out and we pick someone to be the ghost. Liam is the ghost! We go to the side of the house and start counting. “1:00 2:00 3:00 four! 5:00 6:00 7:00 eight! 9:00 10:00 11:00..MIDNIGHT!!!” we all creep into the dark. It’s smart to keep your flashlight off so it’s harder to be seen. Suddenly, Harry switches his flashlight on and off again. “What are you doing?” I whisper. “I have a plan…trust me,” he whispers back with a reassuring look. I nod and creep out farther. Then I get an idea. I pick up a rock and make sure no one is in my path. Then I throw a rock at a bush so it makes a sound. Liam might think that’s us. Suddenly, Niall runs out, Liam pops out of a bush, and Niall screams “GHOST IN THE GRAVEYARD!” We all scream and run back to the base. Then we hear Louis jokingly say “Aaaah! Help! I’m being kidnapped!” We all laugh and reach the base. We play for a while and I check the time on my phone. It’s already 10:00! We head inside and to our rooms. Niall goes into the bathroom to change, and I pull out my pajamas and change in the room. I open the door and flop onto the bed. I yawn. I’m exhausted. I fall asleep in a few minutes, and open my eyes sleepily when Niall comes in and closes the door. He gets into bed next to me and kisses me good-night. That’s all I remember after falling asleep. Zzzzzzz…