Chapter 18: What's Going On?

I’m finally better, but I still have to be careful of eating, so I don’t get sick.

        I wake up. I throw on an outfit…

 I haven’t showered, since I’ve been sick. I’ll start showering again tomorrow I guess. I sigh and trudge downstairs. “Hey, Nicole,” Harry says, glancing at me. “Hi,” I reply, glancing at him. I groggily open the fridge. Ugh, we’re out of food again! “Guys, we’re out of food. I’m gonna go to the store to get some.” Niall looks up from his spot at the counter. “Want me to drive you there?” I shake my head and say “No, I was gonna walk. It’s a pretty nice day.” He nods. I grab my purse and rush out the front door. It’s getting warmer, almost warm enough for shorts and skirts and dresses. I walk to the store, enjoying the warmth and the sunny day. I smile as I reach the store. I walk in and grab a cart. I walk through the aisles, grabbing the food we need. I head to the check out and get in line. I glance at some magazines on a rack, then stop at one. The headline is Niall and Nicole…an unlikely couple.

I glare at it. We are NOT unlikely. Niall loves me. I love him. What do they know? I finally check out the food and head out through the exit. As I’m walking, I suddenly feel cold hands on my waist. Is it Niall? No, his hands are warm. “Hello,” says a gruff voice. I turn around to see a strange man. He has horrible breath. “Aren’t you a pretty little lady,” he says smirking. Then, he grabs me and slings me over his shoulder. I can’t even scream. I’m being kidnapped. He takes me to a car and throws me into the trunk. He slams it shut and locks it. Then, I scream “HELP!” I then remember my phone. I pull it out and quickly dial Niall’s phone number. “Hey Nicole!” he says cheerfully. “You getting some good food for me?” he jokes. Then I start sobbing. “What’s wrong?” he asks concerned. “I’m being kidnapped,” I whisper. I can only imagine the horror on his face as I say that. He gasps. I quiver. “Save me,” I whisper. “I-I love you.”

“I-I love you t-too,” he whispers.

Suddenly the car stops, and I hear footsteps.

“The kidnapper’s coming! I’ll call you when I can!” I whisper. I quickly slip my phone into my pocket. He opens the door and shoves a bag over my head so I can’t see where he takes me. He carries me over his shoulder into somewhere. When he takes the bag off, I see the man again. I’m in a cold basement. He smirks. “Have fun,” he says. Then he walks up the stairs and shuts the door. I hear a click. He locked it.