Chapter 24: I'm Sorry, I Didn't Mean It

I instantly hear Niall scream at the top of his lungs “WHAT THE FRICK?????!!!!!!”

I hesitantly click open the door and peer out. I walk out and see Niall at the bottom of the stairs. I hide behind a pile of laundry right by the railing at the top on the floor. I kneel down and watch.

The boys and Tiffany race over.

“What is it, Niall?” Liam asks worriedly.

“SOME JERK POSTED THIS!!!! A JERK WE ALL KNOW!!!!” he yells showing them my Tweet. “SHE DELETED IT, BUT FIFTY PEOPLE SAW IT, AND THOSE FIFTY PEOPLE SPREAD IT!!! IT’S ON YOUTUBE, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, MYSPACE, AND WHO KNOWS WHERELSE??!!??!!?!?!?”

As the four other boys and Tiffany read it, their mouths gape open.

“WHERE IS SHE?!?! I’M GONNA STRANGLE HER!!!” he yells his face turning bright red and a glare already plastered on his used to be adorable face.

“Niall, you can’t strangle her,” Tiffany says quietly.

“YEAH, WHY NOT?!” he yells in her face.

“Because, it’s just not right! She’s a girl, and you know better! Niall, you don’t fight!! Not like that, anyway!” she says back at him, her voice rising.

At that point I can’t take it anymore I shoot up and shoot down the stairs. Everyone looks at me. Niall spins around on his heels and glares at me. He lunges for me, but Zayn grabs him holding him back.

“Niall, I may have accidentally posted that. I’m sorry I did. But it’s not like you don’t get haters already. Do what you always do. IGNORE THEM and SHUT THE HECK UP!!!!!” I snap and yell at him. His eyebrows move down.

“NOW JUST STAY OUT OF MY LIFE YOU FREAK!!!!!!” I yell, then I fling open the door and run outside. I’m going to my mom in two days. Good. I need Niall AWAY from me.

        I walk down the steps of the porch and down the driveway. I stomp angrily away from the house. I need to get out of here. I get in my car and drive to the mall.

        When I get there, I lock my car doors and go up to the door. It must’ve rained here. I splash through an unmissable puddle and wipe of my shoes on a small rug just in the door. I go to the food court and buy myself a cup of coffee and a hot dog. 

        I find a table for one and walk towards it when a boy who looks about my age comes with a hamburger, fries, and a smoothie and sits down right where I was heading.

I was almost at the table, and he saw me. He asked “Oh, I’m sorry. Were you sitting here?”

Surprised at his politeness, I say “Well, I was going to, but I can find another spot.”

“No no, that’s ok. Hey! Maybe you could pull up a chair and sit down with me,” he suggested.

“Oh, well, ok,” I replied, shrugging. I set down my food at the table and found a chair. I pulled it up to the table and sat down, snatching up my hot dog hungrily. As I started to eat, I studied the boy.

“By the way, my name’s Cody Scott.”

“Oh, hi Cody. I’m Nicole Eversteen.”

“Cool. Hi Nicole.”

I continued studying Cody. He has longish blonde hair, brown eyes, Caucasian, a Bears sweatshirt tied around his waist, a blue Wake Run Lift Eat Sleep Repeat shirt, jeans, and a necklace.