Untitled Part 22: The Club

When we got to the club, it was noisy and loud. It was fun, though. We danced the night away. I try to be careful to avoid drunks. When Niall goes to the bathroom, I sit in a stool at the bar waiting. The bartender asks “You wanna drink?” I shake my head and he says “Aw c’mon, it’s on the house! For the pretty little lady right here.” Again I shake my head, this time saying “No, I don’t drink. And I am taken!” Then he grabs me and pulls me close to him. I can feel his hot breath. He kisses me. I try to pull away, but he’s too strong. I’m screaming inside my head. The man let’s go, and he stares dreamily into my eyes. Then he runs out from behind the counter and out the door. Niall comes up to me.

“What was that,” he asks quietly.

“No, N-Niall! It-it isn’t what it l-looks like!” I say, my voice quivering.

“I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS! YOU JUST CHEATED ON ME!” he yells.

“Niall! He kissed me! I didn’t kiss him! I was waiting for you to come back, so I sat at the stool. Then he pulled me to him and kissed me!”

“Yeah right!” he growls. “You did nothing to stop him, so I guess you enjoyed it huh? Picking a lousy bartender over your so called true love! WE. ARE. THROUGH.”

Hot tears brim my eyes. I run outside and just keep running. My shoes click on the cement. My heels are killing me, but I don’t care. I thought Niall trusted me! I can’t run anymore. I sit on a bench nearby and cry. Then I look around. Where am I? I look around more. Cars pass by, people walk holding hands with kids, and some boys skateboard by along with boys biking.

Where on Earth am I? I take my phone out of my purse and call Louis.

“Hello?”

“Louis!”

“Where are you? I saw you run out of the club. What happened?”

“The bartender kissed me, and Niall saw. He thought I kissed him and thought I enjoyed it. Why didn’t he trust me?”

Louis whispers “I don’t know.”

“Wait, I don’t hear any music. Where are you, Louis?”

“Oh, I’m in the bathroom.”

“Oh, sorry.”

“No big deal, I was walking out when you called, so I stayed inside.”

“Well, anyway. I don’t know where I am!”

“Ok, ok. So, describe your surroundings.”

“I’m sitting on a bench, there’s a park behind me. And there’s a street in front of me. I also see a Red Lobster.”

“Um…I’m coming.”

He hangs up.

I sit on the bench and wait. I’m glad it’s warm, so I don’t freeze. Then, a man comes up to me. He looks at me strangely. He kind of stumbles around.

“Hey pretty.”

“Um…”

“Kiss me.”

“No!”

“KISS. ME. NOW!!” he growls.

“NO!” I stand up and run away I look back, and he’s gone. I slowly and cautiously go back. I look around corners, he’s not there. Phew.

An Hour Later…

Louis still hasn’t come. Is he even coming? Or is he still looking? No, Louis plays jokes but he wouldn’t do that. He’s looking. I know he is. Just then, I see a figure approaching me. It looks like…Louis! Louis spots me and runs over to me.

“Nicole!!!”

“Louis! You found me!!”

“Of course I did.” He replies smiling. “Let’s go back to the house.”

I nod, and he leads me to his car.

“They’re still at the club. I drove my own car over here and walked around looking for you.”

We get into his car and he drives us back to the house. He pulls out the key and shoves it into the lock. He unlocks it and pulls open the door. I step inside.

“I’m going to change.”

He nods. I rush upstairs and kick off my heels. I pull off my dress and put this on:

I go back downstairs and see Louis on his phone.

“Louis, can I talk to you?”

He looks up.

“Sure, what about?”

I sit down on the couch next to him.

“When Niall broke up with me, why didn’t he trust me? I told him the very truth and he denied it.”

“I don’t know, maybe from where Niall was standing it really did look like you kissed him and were enjoying it. Men get touchy when girls kiss other guys.”

I nod and look down at the floor. Tears brim my eyes. I can’t cry now. I can’t be weak. Don’t cry don’t cry don’t cry.

“C’mon, Nicole. You can cry. It doesn’t make you weak.”

I don’t budge.

“C’mon,” he urges. “Spill.”

And I do. I cry uncontrollably into his shirt. He hugs me and comforts me. When I finish, I say “I’m going to take a nap.”

I rush upstairs and collapse intomy bed. I cry myself to sleep.