chapter seven

tommy awoke to tubbo violently prodding him with a large stick. "what the hell tubbo? what do you want." tommy grumbled.

tubbo glanced around worriedly, "it's fundy, tommy. fundy's gone."

"what? are you sure you looked in the right spot?" tommy sat up quickly. tubbo nodded. almost everybody else in smp live had left the room, leaving only tommy, tubbo, inktea, altrive and jmak in the room. inktea was standing in the middle of the room,  muttering gibberish to himself every now and then. the rest were still asleep on the cool concrete floor.

tommy blinked at tubbo slowly, "tubbo? i need you to check one more time and make sure he's not there." tubbo nervously got up and hurried towards the exit, glancing back at tommy as the door shut behind him.

as soon as the door clicked shut, a frigid temperature swept the room. tommy scrambled across the floor and pressed his back up against the wall, eyes darting around the dim area.

"hey tommy."

tommy jumped, the sudden use of his name alarming him. his gaze met a tenebrous silhouette standing next to the sleeping figure of jmak. a shudder was sent down tommy's body as the figure slowly started moving closer.

tommy knew there was no way out of his current situation, so he tried to stop his shivering as best as possible. luckily, tubbo came rushing back just in time. the door burst open and tubbo shouted, "never mind tommy! he's still there. he's just not looking like himself, i couldn't tell it was him."

tommy stared at tubbo, then looked back over towards where he had seen the person standing there moments ago. they were gone.

travis poked his head up over tubbo's shoulder, "hey, uh, you guys have a visitor." tommy threw tubbo a quizzical look, but nodded and followed travis out. he hadn't been out of the room since yesterday, so it was nice to feel the warmth of the sun once again.

travis lead the two boys across the street into an abandoned looking building. the phrase 'never judge a book by its cover' was an understatement when it came to this building. it was a very clean, polished quartz room with red carpet creating pathways directing visitors to different locations. there were intermittent plant arrangements by the columns in the entryway, and a large chandelier in the center of the large first room. as big as it was, the building was quite empty, as if nobody knew what to do with the place.

travis pointed over to some guy in a blue hoodie wandering around aimlessly. tommy frowned, "skeppy?"