CHAPTER NINE!!

skeppy flinched and turned around, relaxing as he realized tommy was there. "oh, heya tommy."

"what're you doing here?" tommy asked, tilting his head slightly.

skeppy grimaced, "yeah, uhm, about that. i need your help."

tommy narrowed eyes in distrust. "you need my help? my help?" he said bluntly.

skeppy nodded, "oh don't worry, you weren't my first choice. i didn't really have anyone else to come to. everybody else is either busy or gone m.i.a."

"what about your 'idot' friends, huh?" tommy said, putting air quotes around 'idots' and brushing aside the minor jab directed at him.

skeppy averted his eyes. "busy." he said simply. tommy didn't believe him for a second, but didn't nag him any further. "so? what are you really here for?"

"it's bad." skeppy said quickly. "bad's missing. he went out last week and hasn't come back since. i assumed he was with somebody, but he hasn't even been on twitter at all—or answered my calls for that matter. i'm worried about him."

tubbo frowned, "well we haven't seen or heard from him recently. though we were at dream's house just yesterday, and cap sap and georgenotfound were there. maybe bad was there as well? we didn't stick around too long to find out."

skeppy's face paled at the mention of dream. tommy didn't blame him for being afraid of the dude. a lot of people were. "i-if i go to check will you guys come with? i know the guys here are strict when it comes to leaving the border, but i really need your help." skeppy asked quietly.

tommy and tubbo turned to look at travis, who was standing to the side as the three talked. he looked up as he felt the group's eyes land on him, "huh? what?" travis blinked.

"is it fine if we go with skeppy to look for dream? we promise we'll be back." tubbo asked politely.

travis looked around, "uuuhm...i guess? what's the worst that could happen? i'll take the blame if cooper gets mad."

tommy smiled, "thanks man, means a lot." travis brightened up, nodding at tommy as they exited the pristine building. as soon as they were out of sight, a figure stepped out of the shadow of one of the quartz columns.

"everything going according to plan, trav?"

travis nodded, "yep, they don't suspect a thing. this'll work. it has to."