chapter sixteen?!

bad took the last step into dream's infamous basement. he fumbled around blindly, looking for a light switch.

as soon as the switch was flipped, both tommy and skeppy whined at the brightness. bad's gaze swept the basement in confusion and turned back to capsap. shatpant was just as confused. "but this isn't what we saw, like, at all."

"are you sure you gave me the right address?" bad asked.

dabdab nodded slowly, "erm- yeah. yeah, i'm sure. how could th-"

"well there's nothing here and patnap is clearly delusional, so let's head on back, kay?" tommy butted in unexpectedly.

skeppy clenched his jaw, "and why do you want to get back so badly, huh? i feel like you aren't being completely honest with me today, tommy."

tommy stared at skeppy in disbelief, "what? what the fuck caused you to all of a sudden think i'm part of a secret ploy against you?"

"language-"

"because you just left everybody for a group of complete strangers!" skeppy yelled. "how could i not think you're 'part of a secret ploy'? you've been nothing but untrustworthy for as long as i can remember."

tubbo grimaced and tried to step in, "guys come on, now's not the time."

"and when is the time?" tommy rounded on his friend. "can i not defend myself against some paranoid lunatic that blames the both of us for all his problems? he has no right to be like this."

tubbo threw his arms in the air, "well maybe he does. you don't seem to be in the right either here, tommy."

"thank you." skeppy rolled his eyes.

tubbo turned to glare at skeppy. "i am not picking sides here. you're no better than anybody in this room; get that through your thick skull. nobody has any reason to be arguing right now. so can we all just please shut the fuck up?" he hissed.

everybody had fallen silent after tubbo's small 'speech'. bad looked between the group, the atmosphere still tense.

"language." bad finally broke the grim silence.

tommy scoffed, "yeah, i'm leaving. you better hurry up if you're coming, tubbo."

"gonna go crawling back to your smp live friends?" skeppy jeered.

"shut up skeppy." everybody said at once. they all seemed to agree that skeppy had become a nuisance. ratnap turned his attention back to his companion. "bad i swear this isn't how it was before. they're still stuck down there somewhere."

bad looked him in the eyes, "how do you know that? if you made it out, couldn't they?"

"honestly, i'm not sure." he pressed his temples. "can you really expect much from that group of people? they've probably either given up or are dead by now."