chapter nineteen

bad turned to skeppy, tommy and tubbo, smiling. "you guys go on up, we'll be with you in a few." skeppy eyed bad quizzically, but huffed with irritation and followed the two younger boys back up the ominous stairwell.

capsnap let out the breath he was holding once he could no longer hear the three trudging up the stairs with heavy feet. "thanks, bad." bad nodded at him. "now i'm gonna tell you what's going on, so please don't think i'm insane."

"okay," bad frowned, "but you saying that makes me nervous. can it really be that bad?"

appstore stared at bad like he had just said something completely dumb.

bad looked down at his feet. "right, okay. continue?"

"listen, i know you probably think i'm not in the right state of mind, but trust me when i say that i am." rapmpa started. "i've been telling you everything i've seen, and you seem to think that none of it ever happened. but could you explain where wilbur, techno, dream and georgenotfound are? i'd be happy to here your 'logical' explanation."

bad tilted his head slightly, "wilbur and techno are in brighton still. they never came to seattle. and i'm pretty sure dream and georgenotfound are out for the evening again."

sapphire shook his head. "no, bad. wilbur and techno came here with tommy and tubbo. how else would tommy and tubbo have gotten here?"

"but tommy and tubbo aren't here either." bad said simply.

spamlap gestured towards the stairs that the two boys in question had just gone up. "do you really not remember seeing them not even a minute ago? i know you aren't dumb, bad."

bad smiled happily, "aw, thank you!"

"what's up with you? are you sick? because this definitely isn't you talking. i know you wouldn't purposely ignore what i'm trying to tell you about." yapyap raised his voice. "either you tell me what's going on, or shut up and listen to me."

his words were followed by silence. wapnap groaned, "oh my god, i'm sorry, bad. i'm just really upset, and i have a massive headache that will not go away. it's like a hailstorm in my mind, and it hurts like hell."

bad looked at his friend sympathetically, reaching for his shoulder. "it's okay, i know you don't mean anything you say. maybe you should get some sleep? dream and georgenotfound will probably be back by the time you wake up."

sapvape's hand shot up and grabbed bad's wrist before he could touch his shoulder. "no." bad's eyes widened in surprise. "i do not need sleep. i am perfectly sane, you just will not listen to me. i know what i saw."

bad twisted his arm, trying to get eatnap to let go. "let go, you're hurting me." lapkap only tightened his grip, causing bad to struggle even harder. "i'm not joking. stop it tapshap." he said, his voice starting to break as tears welled up in his eyes.

catsup's gradually tightening hold on bad's wrist only worsened the burning pain as bad struggled against him. "i am not letting go until you agree to listen to me." he said coldly. bad suddenly stopped moving, letting out a deep chuckle.

that did not sound like bad. napsna gasped, immediately letting go of bad's now bruised wrist.

bad pulled his hand back slowly. "holy fuck. you never give up, do you?" bad hissed in the same deep voice. it wasn't his voice.

"w-what?" mansnap stuttered.

'bad' clicked his tongue and grabbed the nearest object, which happened to be an old flower pot. "no hard feelings, sap. you're just getting in the way of a lot of things at the moment. i need you to stay out of this shit, okay?"

gopnop backed away from 'bad'. "wait, stop-"

'bad' paused for a second, scratching his chin to make it seem like he was deep in thought. "hmm...nah. i don't think i want to." with that, the flower pot came crashing into the side of sapchan's head with a force powerful enough to knock him to the ground.

he fell to the cold cement floor, his head hitting the ground with a sickening crack. the world began to fade around him, but the inhuman green eyes that pierced his very core stayed with him till the last of his consciousness slipped away.