chapter thirteen

tommy, tubbo and skeppy were stood outside of dream's house, none of them wanting to take the first step inside. skeppy, of course, would trail the two boys from behind if they entered, so he couldn't go first. he still didn't feel too great about asking them for help.

tubbo shoved tommy out of his way, "c'mon, it's not that hard to open a door."

"it is in this situation." tommy scoffed. "who knows what goes on in that house, man. this dude probably gets away with things he really shouldn't."

"oh that's not true," skeppy butted in uncertainty. "i doubt he does anything at all. probably's barely able to feed himself nonetheless."

tubbo rolled his eyes and pushed the door ajar, taking the first steps in moments later. tommy shifted uncomfortably, then muttered an exasperated "shit" and followed tubbo. skeppy glanced around, making sure nobody had seen them, then entered the house after the two.

the late morning sun shone through the windows of the large house, providing adequate lighting. still, the house seemed to be watching their every move. it made all of them extremely uncomfortable.

tommy quickly eyed every corner of the kitchen they had just entered. "okay guys, i don't think bad's here. can we go now?"

"stop being so paranoid, tommy. nobody's home; it's fine." tubbo said half-heartedly. tommy fiddled with the hem of his shirt, slowly inching closer towards the door again, hoping nobody would notice if he made an escape. tommy backed into the door, searching blindly for the handle.

just as he felt the cold metal brush his fingertips, the door flung open, sending tommy crashing into the wall along with it. he grabbed the back of his head as pain shot through every part of his body on impact. "what the fuck?" he yelled. by now skeppy and tubbo had stopped what they were doing and staring down the small entryway, dumbfounded by the sudden chaos.

"language!"

tommy looked up as sjapjap and badboyhalo—in all his glory—stepped into the house. skeppy made some indescribable noise, which tommy assumed to be out of either surprise or delight, and quickly appeared at bad's side, wrapping him in a death-grip.

the other three watched the skeppy try to strangle bad with a hug. "where the hell have you been?" skeppy screamed. bad made eye contact with tubbo, who shrugged and put his hands up in front of him as if saying 'don't get me involved'.

"i uhm, don't know what you're talking about." bad sputtered. tommy sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose in agitation. snapsnap just frowned and threw tubbo a puzzled look.

skeppy searched bad's eyes for something, but gave up and smiled. "well i'm just glad you found me. come on, let's get out of here."

bad's expression didn't change, "i wasn't even looking for you." saffpap saw a pained look flash on skeppy's face, but it disappeared as quickly as it appeared. "sadgap and i were looking for dream. he said they got lost in the basement."

skeppy let go of bad and took a step away. "oh."

bad didn't take notice to skeppy's behavior and strode purposefully further into dream's house. "well, let's get going, shall we? you two coming as well?" bad looked back at tommy and tubbo. they both nodded, tommy stood up off the ground and padded after bad and tubbo.

shapkap hesitated, glancing at skeppy out of pity. "you okay man?"

skeppy walked past him without a word.