First Encounter

"I'm leaving" I groan

"But why?" Dani whines flopping onto her back starfishing across my bed.

She's been whining for the last half hour while I pack my clothes and the few important items I will take with me. Nothing else mattered to me. I told my landlord she could donate all the furniture to the next tenant or sell it. I didn't want any of it I just wanted to get out of here and start anew.

"Because Dani, it's time, you know how hard it's been for me to move past everything." My voice grows small. I sigh trying to avoid going int to details about this again with her.

Dani knows everything she was there for most of it. She's the only person I feel safe sharing my real emotions with. Understanding flashes through her eyes as she sits up pushing her unruly brown curls from her face.

"Why now? Where are you even going? I thought you were doing better. That they hadn't contacted you in a while," she's pleading now.

I know she doesn't want me to go, but she will be okay. She has other friends to be with and I don't have to worry about her being alone. She's never had a hard time making friends, she's bubbly, inviting, warm... she's everything I'm not.

"They haven't, but you know how they are," silence engulfs us.

She stares up at me waiting for me to continue. She's waiting for me to make this make sense to her. I nervously bite my lip and take a deep breath I continue.

"They wait until I catch my breath Dani and then they come back just to remind me of my place. I'll never really be free from them unless I leave and they can't find me. We both know it. This is finally my chance to go before they pop back up, my chance to disappear from everyone," I say my voice quivering while thinking of them.

I walk over to the bed sitting beside Dani, our shoulders leaning against each other as tears spring to both our eyes.

"I'm not leaving you, Dani. I will stay in contact. I haven't felt truly happy in years and I need to go and start over without someone knowing me, them, or our past," I'm crying now, tears rolling down my cheeks as I wrap my arms around her trying to say my last goodbye.

I planned it this way. Keeping my plans secret till the last minute. I put in my two weeks, bought my plane ticket, and am currently packing everything I plan on taking with me.

I purposely invited Dani over a few hours before she had to work. If she had known any sooner, it would have been a constant battle with this stubborn woman about me not leaving and we would have just fought. I didn't want that for our last moments.

"I can't say I'm happy for you, but I understand. If you ever change your mind and want to come back, I'm always here for you," she's squeezing me not ready to let go. Finally pulling away and wiping the tears from her cheeks she stands up.

"I should go. I'm sure I look a mess and need to clean myself up before my shift," she chuckles while giving me a final hug and heading for the door. She turns around one last time

"Please remember to be safe and that you are not alone Jelly. I love you."

"I love you too Dani!" I yell out as the door closes behind her.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

It's when I step off the plane that, fear finally hits me. What am I doing? Sure no one will know me here, but was this the right choice? I hail a taxi and give him the address to the house I was able to rent through Airbnb for the next few months.

The drive is quiet, and I just stare out the window taking in my new surroundings it's completely different than the desert I'm used to. We pull up to my new home and the first thing I notice are trees everywhere, surrounding the small house and keeping it private from the other neighbors.

 We pull up to my new home and the first thing I notice are trees everywhere, surrounding the small house and keeping it private from the other neighbors

Hours have passed and the sun has set. I'm putting the last of my things away when my stomach makes a loud growl. I've been so focused on settling in that I forgot to eat. I look at my phone seeing the time. 10:30 pm, well shit too late to grocery shop now. I'll just head to the convenience store. I'm sure I saw one on the way over and get something quick until I can actually shop tomorrow.

Slipping on my black hoodie and shoes I start the walk to the store I saw up the road. Feeling the cool night breeze against my face, I feel calm and relaxed.

I haven't felt this way in years, it's quiet and the neighborhood is nice, with only a few houses around, before I get to the main road. Not having to worry about looking over my shoulder I take my time and enjoy my walk listening to the sound of the wind rustling the trees.

Reaching the store I'm more than a little winded. Damn, I really need to start doing some physical activity. The store is completely empty besides me and the young boy behind the counter who looks totally absorbed in his phone as he smiles texting.

I quickly make my way to the cold section looking to grab a sandwich and drink to hold me over. That's when I notice I'm not alone in the store. I can only see his back as he was crouched down looking at the snacks on the bottom of the shelf right next to the sandwiches.

I make my way over giving him a side glance. He's gorgeous! He's got black hair that's tucked into a black cap, brown almond-shaped eyes, and plump pink lips that I can picture biting on.

His ripped jeans hug his muscular thighs as his black hoodie hides what I'm sure is a toned upper torso. Stop it Jelly you are here because you're hungry. for FOOD! While I'm struggling to reign in my thoughts, I didn't realize I had actually turned towards him. He was now standing looking at me with a smirk on his full lips and a mischievous gleam in his eye.

"Staring is rude you know," he chuckles while raising his eyebrows towards me.

Shit, I'm blushing.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

I hope you all liked this chapter! 

Who do you think she's meeting first?

I Purple you all! Here's some love!