We Can't

Joon and Jin had left me about twenty minutes ago promising to come back so we can figure out a plan to deal with Ashton and Christine

Groaning I roll over to grab my phone. There was a message from Yoongi.

Lil Meow Meow🐱:

Jillian, you know where to find me when you're ready to talk... I'll be here waiting for you.

I stare at his message contemplating my reply. My anger, pain, and sadness are so intertwined that I know I'm in no state to actually listen to anything he has to say. I sigh knowing I needed to give him a chance to explain but just not yet.

Me:

I just need a day Yoongi.

I check the time. Damn one in the morning! Shit, where's Dani!

I stumble out of my bed to her room. When I knock on the door there is no answer so I peek my head inside and she's not there.

I walk downstairs to see if she's getting one of her late-night "snacks" which is usually a plate of pizza bagels when I freeze at the bottom of the stairs.

"Tae?" My breath caught as I stared at him sitting on the couch.

The corners of his eyes crinkled as he beamed his boxy smile at me.

"What are you still doing here? And why do you have a sticker on your face?" I ask as I sit beside him on the couch laughing.

"I found them in the drawer, aren't I cute?" he says cheekily as he presses a sticker to my cheek.

"You didn't really think I would just leave you here alone?" He says, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Where's Dani?" I ask looking around the empty house.

"She left with Hobi" He laughs, his chuckle was light, and laced with a hum of amusement at the matter.

I hum in response. At least she's okay. I'll talk to her tomorrow. I feel Tae's hand on my hip, pulling me closer to him, I lean my head on his shoulder exhaling as I relax, closing my eyes.