Care For You

We had spent countless nights walking around with each other in the park watching the different musicians and street performers

We had spent countless nights walking around with each other in the park watching the different musicians and street performers. Hobi always insisted he was a much better dancer and could top them.

Tonight, he showed me the truth to his words.

He had pulled me to the front of a crowd that had gathered around one of our favorite beatboxing duos and sat me in a chair just in front of the crowd.

I was embarrassed sitting in front of everyone, but I quickly forgot it once Hobi started talking, drawing everyone's attention to him.

"I'M YOUR HOPE, I'M YOUR ANGEL, I'M J-HOPE, AND WELCOME EVERYONE TO HOPE ON THE STREETS!!" He shouted with a huge smile on his face.

"I know it's been a while since you all have seen me but I'm back with a special performance tonight!"

The men behind him started up a beat and I was mesmerized as he started to move.

He had great control of his body and was hitting every beat the men made, but what really caught me was the look in Hobi's eyes.

He was so serious, focused... Completely different than the ray of sunshine he usually was. I could see the effort he put into this, I could see his passion, and it was beautiful. When he had finished, the crowd erupted into applause and I stood clapping along with them.

"WHAT DID YOU THINK SUNSHINE?!" Hobi loudly asks as he's still trying to catch his breath.

I couldn't keep the smile off my face as he happily bounced over to the spot, he left me in. "THAT WAS AMAZING!" I shouted in my excitement.

Hobi quickly engulfs me in one of his hugs squeezing tight. "I told you I could top them" He laughs as he puts me back down on my feet.

Hobi thanked the two men who helped with his performance, saying goodbye, before we started our walk to the local bar down the street.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

We were sitting at a small table picking at our food, Hobi was on his 3rd drink and steadily chugging it through a straw.

He looked like he was trying to suck a shake that was made too thick, as his eye bulged and cheeks sunk in at his effort.