Call me TaeTae

I'm exhausted!

I'm exhausted!

I had never worked in a café before, but I figured it would be an easy job. WRONG! The morning rush was so hectic, customers trudged in half asleep or in a rush trying to get their caffeine fix so they can function for the day.

My boss Eric had the patience of a saint with me, he had shown me how to work the machines early in the morning before the rush started, but as the customers poured in by the dozens, I floundered around trying to make the different drinks.

I couldn't get the right pressure down to tamp the grinds to put into the espresso machine, I would also always either leave it in for too long or not long enough which caused Eric to have to go in and redo it.

In the end, Eric kindly told me to work the counter and take the orders so I was out of the way. The register would be my main job until I could learn how to properly work the machines and make the drinks.

I sighed glancing at my watch it was now around 2:45 pm and I only had 15 minutes before I was done for the day. The café was pretty empty besides a group of college students who set up on one of the back tables to work on a project and a young guy who came in and ordered a hot chocolate.

It's the end of summer but it was still rather hot, but this guy happily took his hot chocolate, sitting down at an empty table to enjoy it. He softly blew on it before taking a sip and a wide smile took over his face as he hummed in satisfaction. I giggled at his cuteness and turned to wipe the counter before my shift ended.

Once done I start to remove my apron ready for my shift to be over. Another girl quickly rushed in saying she just needs to put her stuff away and then she will be back to let me go. I'm lazily leaning on the counter waiting for her when the cute man steps back up to the counter.

"Hello! Is there something else I could get you?" I questioned with my customer service smile plastered on my face.

"Actually, I'm here for you" he shyly says, giving me a beautiful smile and glancing to his feet. Who let this man have such a deep voice! I can feel the bass vibrate through my chest when he speaks melting over me, like a lover in the middle of the night.

 Who let this man have such a deep voice! I can feel the bass vibrate through my chest when he speaks melting over me, like a lover in the middle of the night