Magic Shop

It's days later and I've completely settled in

It's days later and I've completely settled in. I managed to find a job at a small café that's close by, but I don't start until Monday which means I have the whole weekend to do something.

I sigh as I lay in my bed. I should have gotten Jimin's number then I wouldn't be bored right now. Rolling out of bed I settle on, going to explore the shops that are littered along the beach. I can't just stay at home and rot, the whole point of this move was to start living my life so that's what I'm going to do!

I slowly walk along the pier stopping at a few stands that sell jewelry, and hats. But my eyes are drawn to a small shop tucked between the other stores, it doesn't quite look like it belongs. 

The Magic Shop. 

Stepping into the shop is like stepping into an episode of extreme hoarders, I'm not sure what this shop is supposed to sell because it is packed to the brim with odds and ends.

"Welcome to the Magic Shop where all of your fantasies can and will come true..." The tall man says behind the counter with a flirty wink.

Damn is everyone in this town super handsome?! He's got broad shoulders, lush black hair, and round glasses that are perched on his nose, his lips are full looking, almost swollen. But I can't take him seriously with the goofy grin that follows his wink.

"Does that usually work for you?" I ask with a raise of my eyebrow.

"I'm not sure this is the first time I've used it." he tilts his head taking in my appearance.

"Did it work?" he questions while he bats his eyes at me.

"Not at all," I laugh, walking up to the counter.

"What is this place exactly? What do you sell?" I ask as I pick up a small Russian doll set sitting on the counter.

"Ah! !ell as I already stated this is the Magic Shop. We help fulfill requests," his eyes stay locked on me as play with the doll in my hands. 

"We?" I question and look around the empty store.

"Yes, my friends and I own this shop. People come in, write down a request and myself or one of the others set out to make it happen," he says with a shrug. 

"Like a genie? You grant wishes?" I laugh out, carefully placing the doll back down.

"Exactly! Except you know without the magic. Most people have simple requests like looking for a piece of art, or furniture, while others have tougher requests more emotional like looking for a loved one or an adventure," he pushes his glasses back up the bridge of his nose as he explains.

"So, your detectives then?" I say skeptically.

"I like genies better. Why not request so you can see what our service is really like?" he says wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"I wouldn't even know what to ask for. Ummm... I'm sorry I never got your name" I sigh.

"Jin! You're obviously new to town because I practically know everyone who lives here. What brought you here Sweetheart?" Jin leans onto the counter resting his chin between his hands clearly hoping to hear a good story.

"Uh, nothing very special. I just needed a change of pace." I say with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Well, thats a lame answer. Come on tell me something juicy!" He leans in a little closer to me over the counter.

"I felt like my life had no meaning like I was stuck. Sooo I guess what I'm looking for is passion?" I say questioningly.

Jin's eyes lock on to mine while he contemplates what I've said. His face softens and a smile makes way.

"We can help with that. Here write down your information and someone will contact you," he says pushing a paper and pencil across the glass to me.

I fill out the information on the paper and slide it back over while he takes it. What could this mess up? I have no idea where to start so maybe they will be of some actual help.

"Well, Jelly expect someone to see you in a few days," he says while reading over my filled-out form.

"Do you know who? That way I know to look out for them?" I ask nervously, not too excited to have a stranger show up at my house.

"Not yet since this is a tougher request, the others and I will discuss who is best for it. But don't stress it too much Sweetheart," he reaches over patting my hand with a reassuring smile.

"How does this work exactly? Are there any rules?" I ask pulling my hand away from him.

"As I said it's a process, once we decided how we want to handle it someone will stop by and give you the rules," he says frowning at how I snatched my hand away.

"Sure" I give a small nod and a forced smile.

"Well, I should get going! I look forward to seeing how you guys operate," walking to the door quickly I turn and give a wave not allowing him to say anything more.

Walking along the beach, I'm lost in thought as the wind blows through my loose waves. What am I doing? Passion is so ambiguous what if he sends a Gigalo?! What sort of passion am I looking for?

Nothing sexual obviously if my night with Jimin was anything to go by I could have passion in bed. Was this even a good idea? I've never been one to let people in and here I am inviting a stranger into my life.

I sit down in the cool sand and watch as the sun casts its golden glow. my knees are pulled close to my chest as my chin rests on top of them. I can do this, I have to learn to trust people.

I dig my hand into the sand feeling it slip between my fingers. I should just go back and tell him I've changed my mind.

UGH, I don't even know what I want myself, how could they possibly help me? When I can't even help myself.

I sigh and stand up dusting myself off. My mind races back and forth between wanting and not wanting to do this. I decide the best course of action is to at least try it. I can always call it off, right?

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Shorter chapter for you all my lovely Coconuts

Who do you think will be sent to help her with her request?

As always I Purple You! Here's some love!