Stigma

"Are you sure?" Yoongi asks, staring me in the eyes

"Are you sure?" Yoongi asks, staring me in the eyes. He lets out a sigh and pats the couch beside him. "Why don't you tell me what happened today."

I move to take a seat on the couch, my body is tense. I didn't even realize I was crying until Yoongi reached up and brushed the tears away with his thumb. "What happened Jillian?" He asks as he rubs the back of his neck.

Where do I start? My chest feels heavy, but I need to get this out

Where do I start? My chest feels heavy, but I need to get this out. "C-can you tell me exactly what you know about m-me?" I stutter out. Maybe if I let him talk it will be easier.

"I've already told you what I know. That's not what I asked." He states flatly barely giving me a glance.

"P-please I need details Yoongi." I plead as I chew on my lip.

He lets out a huff and meets my eyes. "I know that your dad liked to gamble... I know that he owed a lot of money to some pretty bad people. I know that you and your mother were there when they beat him." He pauses, and I see him thinking over his next words.

"I know that Ashton gave your family money to get out of debt in exchange for you."

"He tricked my mother." I quickly cut in, annoyed that Yoongi is beating around the bush.

He's always been the one to be open and honest with me never afraid to hurt my feelings and tell me how it is. But the look of pity in his eyes and him trying to avoid saying certain things is upsetting me.

"He persuaded her promising that I would have a better life with him and Christine, and she just gave me up. My own mother trusted them because they had money and just gave me away." My voice raises as my anger takes over.

Now that I had opened my mouth, I could no longer keep the words inside of me. My leg starts to nervously bounce as I keep taking.

"It was okay at first, but then there were too many long looks from Ashton, too many uncomfortable touches." I let out bitterly.