Jake the Snake.

I've managed to either limit or avoid my conversations with Draco as much as possible after that night. Besides quick questions during class and small talk during meals, I think it was safe to say that he definitely doesn't remember that night.

Ron and Hermione checked up on me after seeing my 'allergic reaction', and let me know that Harry did wake up shortly after I last spoke with them.

-

It's already winter, and the first half of the school year is nearing it's end.

"We're leaving for Hogsmeade soon. Care to join? It's the last weekend before the holidays," Chelsie's gathering her belongings on her way to meet up with Tori and Harper.

"No, it's okay. I think I'll stay back," I tell her bye and she leaves.

The crackle of the fireplace in the common room gives me a sense of relaxation as I continue to read my new book. The entrance constantly opening and closing as students make their way in and out, doing last minute errands before we travel home for Christmas.

"Not going to Hogsmeade, love?"

I hear Draco's voice to my right as I continue to ignore him. My stomach fluttered when he called me 'love', but I was quick to squash those butterflies. Blaise is with him as the shadows of their figures move behind me until I can no longer see him.
He leans over the back of the couch, his breath right outside of my ear, "Last chance, I'll treat you to a butterbeer."

I sigh deeply, notifying him that I'm not interested and continue to flip through pages.

"Your loss," I hear his footsteps retreat away, with Blaise following behind.

I faintly hear Parkinson's voice cry out, "I'll go with you, Drakeyyy!" A pair of footsteps running match her eagerness to join him.

I stifle my laugh, which earned a glare from Draco before they all leave the common room.

An hour went by before a first year comes up to me, "Deveroux, Dumbledore is requesting to see you."

My first thought being, 'Why is he asking for me?'

"Uhm...ok thanks."

My second thought being, 'where the fuck is his office?'

After about half an hour of wandering the castle, I think I found it.

"Ah, Miss Deveroux. Please come in."

"Headmaster, am I in trouble?"

"No no. I just wanted to see how you were doing, being a transfer and all. I apologize for this check in so late in the year."

"Oh well, everything is fine Headmaster."

He take a few steps in front of his bookshelf before asking, "How are your parents?"

"My parents?"

"Yes, I would think that they're very busy with work," His tone of voice changes at the mention of 'work'.

"Headmaster, are you implying something?"

"Of course not, Miss Deveroux. It is not my job to distinguish one's work in light of recent events."

Yeah, he knows.

"Headmaster, I would appreciate it if you would keep that information to yourself. I love my parents dearly, even if I don't always share the same beliefs as them."

"Of course, Miss Deveroux."

"Is that all?"

"Before you go, may I remind you Miss Deveroux, that you can always find the light in the sea of dark, with your mind strong and caring heart."

'What the bloody hell is he talking about?'

"Thank you?"

-

I return to the common room, reclaiming my seat on the couch.

"So what did you get me for Christmas, Deveroux?" A boy with spiked dark hair and a pretty impressive jawline sits next to me.

I look at him confused, "Uhm, who are you?"
He offers a handshake, "Jake Lawrence, they call me Jake the Snake."

I look down at his hand before going back to reading. "Great... you can go now."

"I've seen you around," his arm is now hung over my shoulder, "You should let me take you out during the holidays."

I push his hand off so that his arm drops behind me, "No thanks."

"Come on, I've seen the way you look at me."

"I've literally never seen you before today."
My eyes are glued to my book.

"Malfoy's one lucky guy. I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off of you," He starts to feel up my thigh, going higher and higher.

"Back off, you creep!" I push him by his shoulders and see him lean back.
Suddenly, I see him fly back across the room, his back slamming against the wall and he falls to the floor, curled up in pain.

Ok, I'm not weak weak but there's no way in hell I did that.

Draco picks him up by the collar before slamming his back against the wall, keeping his forearm against the boy's throat, constricting his airway.

"Stay the fuck away from her."

Draco lets him go as he drops the floor. To my surprise, Draco then kneels down in front of me on the couch, one hand on my knee, the other tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

He spoke softly, "Are you ok?"
I nod, avoiding eye contact.

I hear Lawrence faintly chuckle, "What Malfoy? Don't like to share? I'd like to see what you got to taste."

Draco stood up and calmly walked over to Lawrence, who was still laughing at his side comment. I hear a loud thud, which caught my attention enough to look up and see that Lawrence is now hunched over, bleeding from his nose.

Draco then stands up on the coffee table in front of me and begins to speak.

"All you blokes listen up!"

Everyone comes rushing into the common room. He takes a look at me before going on.

"I didn't sleep with Joy. We didn't do anything at the welcome party. If I see any one of you fucks pestering her about it, you deal with me. Got it?"

The Slytherin common room was now filled with whispers and Draco hops off of his podium. He leans over to my ear so he can whisper, "Tell me if anyone bothers you about it."
I give him the most confused look I've ever given anyone in my entire life.

Tori, along with Chelsie and Harper, walks into the common room and can feel the tension in the air.

"What the bloody hell happened here?"