Ready.

"Draco!"

Draco continues to walk, ignoring the calls of his name.

"Draco!" He sighs and stops in his tracks. "What do you want, Olivia?"
She catches up to him and fold her arms across her chest, "I would fix your attitude if I were you." Draco scoffs, "You must be mistaken. I'm Draco Malfoy. I take orders from no one. Now get out of my way." He pushes her aside and continues walking.
Olivia calls out from behind, "Where's Joy? I'm sure she'd enjoy learning about what happened at the ball." Draco walks back towards Olivia, who's smiling at his sudden change of heart. "I told you that was a mistake, I don't know why I did it. It meant nothing."
Olivia laughs, "Boohoo. Cry me a river. All that matters is that it happened. You can't take it back." Annoyed, Draco turns back around to walk away from her. Olivia shouts, "Imagine how Joy will feel when she finds out her precious little boyfriend kissed the girl she hates the most." Draco freezes as she speaks. Olivia walks to stand behind Draco, and softly say, "I can only imagine her face when she hears the news. Especially now that her mom is in Azkaban." She sighs, "Lucky me. This is the best day ever." Olivia passes Draco's frozen body and skips away in victory.

-

Draco finally made it back to his room. After his run in with Olivia, he knows that it's only a matter of time before someone tells me about what happened... whether it comes from Olivia or not. Then a thought came to Draco's mind... what if I already knew what happened?

Blaise was just getting out of the bathroom when Draco arrived. "Hey, where have you been?"

Draco immediately asks, "At the Yule Ball, did something happen?" Blaise makes his way over to his bed, "What do you mean? Besides you almost killing Lawrence?" Draco starts to pace back and forth. "Yeah, did something happen to Joy?" Blaise thinks for a second, "Don't think so. She went to look for you when you went to get some air. Said she couldn't find you after a while." Draco thinks to himself, 'There's no way she saw it happen, right?'
Blaise taps him on his shoulder. "Come on. Dinner starts soon."

-

The first place I went to was Dumbledore's office. I think I've kept him waiting long enough. I approached the gargoyle at the entrance before it swirled, leading me up to his office.

"Miss Deveroux, thank you for seeing me." Dumbledore was waiting right by the door.
"No problem, Headmaster. What did you need to talk to me about?" He escorts me to a chair that's placed near his Phoenix. I pet the bird before taking a seat.
"As you are aware, the Daily Prophet has run an article regarding your family matters." He grabs a cup of tea, and offers it to me. "Yes, I am aware. I'm prepared for what is to come once my return to Hogwarts runs rampant." I take a sip of the tea. "Miss Deveroux, I would like to remind you that a top priority as Headmaster is the safety of my students. If you feel the need to a safe space, you are welcome here at any time." He's leaning against the front of his desk, facing me. I place the teacup on the table next to me, "Thank you, Headmaster, but I'll be fine." He nods. "Very well. Dinner should begin shortly, shall we?"  He begins to stand. "Actually Headmaster, I think I'll go to my room for a while first." Dumbledore's nods and shows me the way out.

-

Everyone is at dinner, so the dungeons are empty. As I entered the common room, I see the multiple copies of the Daily Prophet everywhere. This is the first time I've actually seen the print out. There's a moving picture of us, plastered over the front page, taken at the Ministry of Magic a few years ago.

Things were simpler then. Now, things are... definitely different.

I get to my room where my luggage has already arrived. I see Rue in her cage, as she's coos at the sight of me. I give her a treat before letting her fly around the grounds for a bit.

I take a gander at my desk, which seems like it was tidied up by Tori. I'm very thankful she's been so patient with me. I'm sure she's furious at the fact I haven't informed her of anything yet, but I'll get to it when I have the chance to.

I see a small box on my desk that wasn't there before. It's neatly wrapped with a glittery silver bow on top. It looks like a Christmas present. I look at the tag to see who it's from. Of course, the initials 'D.M.' are written. I sigh and open the box. Inside was a gorgeous princess cut emerald ring, attached to a simple gold band. I take one more look at it before placing it back into the box, and storing it in my bottom drawer.

I look at the time, 7:35. Dinners already started. I should head to the Great Hall soon.

-

Draco is sitting with Blaise and the Goons, talking about the new classes that are scheduled for the second half of the year.

Tori entered the Great Hall and quickly makes her way over to the Slytherin table where they were sitting. She's out of breath when she tries to speak. "Damn babe, I gotta make you work out with me sometime." Blaise looks at his girlfriend huffing hard. "Shut up!" She's still trying to catch her breath, "I was just talking to Dumbledore!"
"Ok, and?" Draco asks.

"Joy is back."