"Merry" Christmas.

Shortly after my conversation with Father, I run into Snape.

"I saw Father!" I immediately say when I get in front of him. He starts to scowl, "Where is he? Did he tell you anything?" I reply, "No. I was going to get you when I saw him, but he said that he'd find you himself." Snape scowls, "Which way did your Father go?" I point to the opposite direction. Snape nods and heads that way.

I walk back to the party and look through the crowd. I don't see anyone that I actually would want to talk to, so I walk over to the couch and get comfortable.

"Joy Deveroux." Blaise takes a seat next to me. "Blaise Zabini."

He leans back on the couch, "How are you doing? All things considered." I take a sip of my drink. "Alright, I guess. What about you?" Blaise smirks, "I'm as happy as can be." I smile, "So I've heard." I nudge him on his side. He sits up straight, "What have you heard?" He raises one eyebrow. I shrug, "Just that you and Tori are doing very well." He takes a good, long look at me. "Damn fucking Salazar, who told you about the ring?!" I laugh, "I don't know what you're talking about!" He starts to ask, "Was it Draco?! Dude can't keep a damn secret!" My jaw drops, "Draco knew?! And he didn't tell me?!" Blaise's eyes widen, "Draco... didn't tell you?" I yell, "No!" He gets worried, "Then who did?!" I press my lips closed and stared at him.
He sighs, "Fine, don't tell me. Just don't tell Tori about it, alright?" I happily nod.

-

The party went on and the guest began to leave one by one. Soon enough, everyone was left and the party was over. It was almost midnight, so I'm sure they all wanted to celebrate Christmas with their families.

I was absolutely drained of energy by the time I got to Draco's bedroom. I took a quick shower and changed into festive Christmas pajamas. Draco was just entering his room when I got out of the bathroom. "Where have you been?" I ask. He smiles, "I had to grab something."

I walk over to his bed and so does he. He shows me a gift he was hiding behind his back, "Merry Christmas, darling." I smile, "Draco!" I happily take the box from him and start unwrapping.

It was a custom made, personalized book. A book of us. Of Draco and I.
"Draco..."

He smiles, "Read the dedication."

I turn to the first few pages of the book, and saw the words:

"To my love: I can't wait to write in more memories. So that we can always remember how we grew to be happy together. I love you. - D.M."

My heart began to flutter as I read the words. This was so sweet of him. I look at Draco, who's just staring at me. I chuckle, "Stop staring, Draco. It's rude." I try to hide my blushed face. He smiles, "I just like seeing you happy." He cups my face and rubs his thumb against my cheek. I melt into his hand.

I gasped as I remembered about his gift. "Oh wait, I have yours!" He grins, and closes his eyes with his hands out.
I rush over to reach under his bed and pulled out his gift. I walk over to him and gently place the box on his hands. He opens his eyes and sees his present neatly wrapped.

He begins to unravel the ribbons and opens the box. He lifts up a picture frame, with a moving photo of our first date at the astronomy tower.  He starts to smile bigger. "I didn't know what to get someone that always gets what they want... so I went for a sentimental gift instead," I nervously play with my hair as he stares at his gift. He pulls me closer to him and gently kisses me, "I love it and I love you. Thank you, baby." I smile and respond, "I love you too."

He pulls my face closer to his and we begin to kiss more. This time was different though. It was gentle, and sweet. No rush to have sex. Just intimate and pure. A true kiss that just... feels right.

There's a crash downstairs. It sounded like someone came in through the fireplace. Draco and I look at each other, before he stands up. "Wait here." I nod while he creeps downstairs to see what's going on.

I started to hear shouting. I hear... Draco and Narcissa... and Snape?

I quickly run out the door and peek over the railing that over looks their living room.

I faintly hear their conversation.

Snape's voice is the first I can make out, "She needs to know the truth!" Draco pleads, "It's Christmas. It can wait until tomorrow." Narcissa adds in, "Honestly Severus, is now really a good time?" Snape replies, "She has the right to know what happened!" I hear someone whimpering?  Snape speaks again, "He needs to tell her and he needs to do it now, it's been going on for long enough!" I see Snape pull someone into sight.

It's... Father? And he looks... beaten!

I run down the staircase, "What's going on?" They all turn and looked at me shocked. Draco walks up to me, "Baby, go upstairs. I'll explain it later." He tries to grab me but I dodge his grip. I look over to Father, who is standing upright, but only people Snape is tightly gripping his arm.
"Snape, what happened to him?!" I run up to Father and cup his face. He's swollen and bruised everywhere.

That's why he looked weird at the party. He charmed himself to try and look normal.

"Who did this to you?!" I yell out.

Snape pulls on Father's arm, "Tell her the truth." I take a step back, "What... is going on?" I look to Draco and Narcissa who are staring at me, their eyes filled with fear, worry, and sympathy.

Father starts to explain, "Your mother didn't leave, Joy." I look at him absolutely confused. "What?"

Snape huffs irritably, "You're absolutely pathetic, Ben! Can't even muster up the courage to tell your daughter the truth!"

I start to scream, "Someone needs to tell me what the fuck is going on!"

Snape walks over to me, and grabs me by the shoulders, "Your mother didn't leave, Joy."

He pauses, "Your father killed her."