A toast.

I ran straight to Draco's room, mainly because that's the only room I know of in this place.

"Joy!" He rushes in with me and closes the door behind him. "What?!" I turn to him with my arms crossed against my chest. He sighs, "You didn't tell me you and Pucey broke up."
I sigh and uncrossed my arms, "Yeah, well now you know." He walks up to me, "Since when?"
"Day before Christmas break."
His eyes ponder over, "So..."
I nod, "Yeah, before we kissed."

"...Do you want me to kill him?" I chuckle, "Good luck. He's in Romania." He silently says, 'Oh.'

I go on, "And I broke up with him."

His eyes widened, "Oh... are you ok?"
"Yeah," I shrug, "I felt like I was over him before I even broke up with him."
He takes a step closer to me, ""Any reason why?" "Besides the fact that he's in Romania now?"
"Yeah?"
I shrug, "Maybe."
He's standing right in front of me now.

"Draco, that doesn't mean we can start dating." I push him away.
"I mean... we're already engaged."
I flash my empty hand, "I see no ring on my finger."
He looks down at the ground and smiles, "What about the ring I gave you last year? You never wore it."
I scowl at him. "Were you in on the engagement too, or just pure coincidence?!" He laughs.

I look at myself in his mirror, fixing my hair. "No one needs to know about the engagement. Not at school at least. We're doing this only for our parents."

He walks up to me so that his reflection is in the mirror too.

"Whatever you say. But if someone flirts with you in front of me, I won't play nice. You belong to me now." He fixes his jacket as he's admiring himself.
I turn to him, "Excuse you, I am not a piece of property that you own."
I go back to looking in the mirror. "If you're not gonna play nice, then neither will I," I lean forward to wipe the corners of my mouth as my lipstick was slightly smudged, "Just try and snog some girl for me to find out about it."
Draco threw a fit, "You expect me to be engaged to you and not get any action?!"
I smirk, "Yup. I believe the words you used were, 'you belong to me now'."

-

We both made our way back to the party when someone calls for Draco.

"Drakeyyyyy!"

Welp, so much for no one from school finding out.

Pansy clings to Draco's arm, "You look so handsome!"
I think she felt my eyes on her since she forcefully turned her head to me, "What are you doing here?"

Alright, so at least there's one thing good coming out of people knowing about the engagement... I get to see Pansy's face when she finds out. I smile at her, "You'll see soon enough." I turn to Draco who's trying not to laugh.
He turns his head when someone else calls for him. "Oi! Malfoy!"

They all walked up to us, "There you are!" Blaise gives him a handshake. "You didn't tell us you were throwing a party!" Draco shrugged, "Didn't know you guys were invited."
Their eyes turned to me, "Joy? What are you doing here?"
Pansy rolled her eyes, "Exactly what I said."
I ignored her and focus on Blaise, "Where's Tori?"
He assured me, "She's on her way."

It hit me that I didn't tell Tori about Adrian. I'm in trouble.

A clinking of glass catches our attention.
Lucius beings to speak, "Can we have your attention please?" Everyone focuses on Father and Lucius who are standing in front of the Christmas tree.

Pansy leans over to Draco to ask, "Who's that with your dad?"
I answer, "My father."
They all looked at me in shock. Crabbe mentions, "He looks different in person." "More mean-looking," Goyle adds in.

Father begins to speak, "Thank you all for joining us tonight. We have exciting news." Father and Lucius look at both Draco and I. "Please join us in congratulating our children's engagement, Draco Malfoy and Joy Deveroux!"

Immediately following the announcement, Pansy faints into Goyle's arms. Goyle pushed her back up as soon as she leaned into him. I chuckle to myself at the sight of her falling as everyone else just stares at Draco and I, jaws dropped.

Tori comes in, "Hi guys! What did I miss?"

"Children?" Lucius motions for us to join them up front.

We both walk up in between them, smiling for the crowd before us.
"A toast to the couple." Everyone raises their glass.

Tori's in shock, "Couple?!"

"May the blood run pure."
"Here here!"