The ring.

I get to my room, where Tori, Chelsie and Harper were already gossiping about their holiday events.

Chelsie and Harper both squeal at the sight of me as they rushed to pull me into the room.
They pushed me down on my bed as they interrogated me. "Is it true?!"
I struggle to sit back up, "Alright, small sense of deja vu here."
Harper squeals, "Are you and Malfoy getting married?!"

I looked over at Tori who puts her hands up in surrender, "It wasn't me!"
Chelsie scoffs, "It was Pansy! She's telling all of Slytherin how you stole him from her."
Harper adds in, "Even when we all knew Draco liked you from the moment you transferred."
Tori adds her two cents, "And you always liked him too."

Seriously? I look at all of them, "Did everyone just assumed I liked Draco when I was with Adrian?"
They all looked at each other and say in unison, "Yes."

I roll my eyes and pushed the two girls off of me. Chelsie sits up on my bed and asks, "What happened to Pucey anyway? He wasn't on the train."
I get off of my bed and change into my robes. "He's in Romania for an internship."
She goes on, "Wow, talk about perfect reason for you two to break up, huh?" I roll my eyes.

I walked over to my desk, and opened the bottom drawer. I took out the familiar gift box and placed it in the pockets of my robe before heading out to dinner.

-

I stopped by Snape's office after dinner since I didn't get the chance to see him before the holidays.

I knocked on his door. "Enter."

I peaked my head through the doorframe, "Missed me?" Snape glanced over to me, "Come inside." I close the door behind me and made my way to the couch.

He stacks a few papers in his tray before turning to me, "I hear a... congratulations are in order." My eyes scowl at him, "You knew about it?! Did my Father owl you?!" He raises one eyebrow, "I am to be aware of your whereabouts, Joy." I roll my eyes. "In honesty, I didn't believe Mr. Pucey was the right... fit for you, anyhow." I scoff, "Did everyone not like Adrian with me or something? I mean, you chose him as a Prefect! You must've liked him." He leans onto his desk, "Academically, yes. For my goddaughter, no."

His what? "I'm... your goddaughter?"

"Joy, I thought you were smarter than that. Do not tell me you thought it was a... coincidence your Father chose me to watch you while he's gone." I sunk into the cushions, "I should've known... I mean, you're not exactly likable. Should've been basically family for my Father to trust you with me." I saw him smirk, "Speaking of your Father, he sent this to my office for you."
He grabbed a small package from under his desk and passed it over to me. Inside was a thin, gold chain. I chuckle, "Sometimes I underestimate him."
Snape looks unamused, "... a chain?"

I hold my finger up as an indication to wait. I grabbed the gift box that's still in my robes, and pulled out the emerald ring. I inserted the chain through the band of the ring and created a necklace for me to wear. I secured it on my neck and held the ring out to show Snape, "Father knows I was against this engagement in the beginning. There was no way I was going to be wearing a ring on my finger anytime soon. This... is a happy medium."
I stuffed the necklace behind my blouse, so it stays hidden. No one has to know about me wearing it, except for me.

-

The engagement didn't stay hidden for very long. Stupid Slytherin girls.

By the next morning, everyone at Hogwarts knew that the Prince and Princess of Slytherin were going to get married.