Finally.

We slowly walked back to our friends who were still in shock.

Draco drags it out, "Surprise?"
Pansy's scoff, "Uhm... Draco?!"

Tori grabs my arm and pulls me towards the kitchen.
I'm struggling to keep up with her, "Tori! I can't run in this dress!"
She finally lets go of me as she gets to the other side of the kitchen island.
"Explain! Now!"

I started to explain to her.
"I liked Adrian, I really did." I sigh, "But the day Draco fell off of his broom and he was in the infirmary, I went to visit him." I start to remember that day. "I left for a bit and saw him with Pansy." She motions for me to continue, "Ok, so?"
I groan, "Tori, I've never wanted to kill anyone more than I wanted to kill Pansy in that moment." She raises on eyebrow, "Go on."

I breathed out, "I realized I liked Draco."

"And that's why I couldn't tell Adrian that I loved him." I slumped my face into my hands, agonizing the memory of Adrian telling me he loved me and all I did was smile at him.

"Great Merlin, finally!" I look up at her, completely baffled.

"We were all wondering when you'd admit it." She reached over to a platter, grabbed a carrot stick and bit off a piece.

"So I broke up with Adrian."

"Thank Salazar. He was honestly quite boring." I threw a grape at her, which she dodged. She continued on, "...to be honest, he was making you boring too." I scoff at her accusation and threw more fruits at her, most of which were hard to dodge this time.

She took another bite of her carrot stick, "You really were more fun whenever you were having whatever weird relationship with Draco. Being nice doesn't quite suit you, you know."
I scoff, "Ok enough hanging out with Blaise and the Goons, you're turning into a bitch!" She looks at me, worried. I go on, "I'm the bitch in this friendship." She sticks her tongue out at me as I do the same to her.

Tori leans over the counter, and asks, "So... you and Draco then?"
I sigh, "Well, we're not dating." She chuckles, "...but you're engaged." I roll my eyes, "Technically, yes." I continue, "But I don't wanna be the girl that jumps from guy to guy."

I took a step back, "Great Merlin, maybe I am the Slytherin slut."

Tori laughs, "It just took you a while to realize who you really loved." I point my finger at her, "No no no. No one said anything about 'love'."

She starts to sing, "Joy and Draco sitting in a tree..." I start to chase after her, "Tori!" She runs away from me, "K-I-S-S..." I throw more food at her as we continue to run around the kitchen island, "...I-N-G!" I yell after her, "Shut up Tori!"
We continue to run around, or more like quickly walk, around the kitchen, before we get caught.

"What in bloody hell happened here?"

Tori and I both freeze at the sight of Draco and Blaise standing in the doorway. We both dropped whatever was in our hands, "It was her!" We both pointed at each other. Draco and Blaise looked at each other before Draco says, "Can I steal Joy for a second?"
Tori nods and motions for me to go. I smile at her before fixing my hair and walking towards Draco. When walking out of the kitchen, I overheard Blaise scold her for making a mess. Tori cried out, "She made the mess too!" I stifled my laugh as Draco escorted me back to the party.

Draco leans over to whisper into my ear, "Mother wants to talk to us, alone." I nod as he shows me the way to Narcissa.
We approached her as she was talking to some other guests, Draco turns to the guests, "I'm sorry. May I borrow my Mother for a moment?" The guests nods at Draco and smile at me, "Congratulations to the both of you." I smile back, "Thank you."

Narcissa, Draco and I occupy an empty room, just off of the path of the party. Narcissa closes the door to ensure our privacy. "Now, I know tonight was a bit of a shock to you both... but I wanted to ensure to you two that we do have your best interests at heart." Draco and I both nod. Narcissa turns to me and grabs my hands, and held it in hers. "Joy darling, I know you wish your mother were here. If there's anything you need, please come to me. After all, I will be your mother too."

I smile at her words. Narcissa was always so kind to me, even in the very few times that we've spoke. It's reassuring to know that I can confide in her, like I would Mother, if she weren't in Azkaban.

Narcissa goes on, "And I do apologize that we don't have a ring. I have yet to bring Draco to get one." I giggle. Draco proudly says, "We have a temporary one at school, Mother. The ring I bought a year ago." Narcissa raises one eyebrow, "That was for... Joy?" She turns to Draco who nods. "Well, I'm impressed. It was a gorgeous ring." She whispers in my ear, "He was quite excited when we went shopping for that ring, you know." I giggle even more while looking at Draco. He whines, "Mother!" She rolls her eyes, "Alright alright, enough of that. Let's get back to the party."

Draco and I both smile at her before she brings us in for a group hug.

I wouldn't mind Narcissa as a mother in law. Another good thing coming from this engagement.