Vent.

(A/N: Oct. 29, 2020 LMAO surprise? I had a sudden burst of inspiration.)

-

"Are you returning to Hogwarts for the second semester?" Snape asks as he organizes his desk in his study.

I shrug my shoulders, "I guess so... I have nothing else to do. Voldy hasn't given me anything to do since the Trio escaped the Manor." I flip a page in one of his older edition Potions book, that I grabbed off of his shelf.

"Ah.. yes. How exactly did you pull that off?" He looks up at me, curiously.

I chuckle, "Blamed it on Pettigrew. You should've seen his face." I mocked Pettigrew's facial expression the moment I told him he was to blame for the Trio's escape.
I could tell that Snape wanted to laugh, but he refrained from doing so.

He signs off on a few paperwork before mentioning, "I must warn you that the Carrows will be more... observant these next few months. So I suggest that you keep that attitude in line."

I scoff, "People think I'm your daughter," I close the potions book, "I'm untouchable at this point."

Snape sighs and looks to me, "That does not mean you're allowed to do what you want."

I smirk, "I'd like to see someone try and stop me."
Snape rolls his eyes and returns to his work.

I walk over to his desk and sit on the chair in front of him, "What was up with all the paperwork on your desk the other day? And why was one part cut out? Are you doing arts and crafts?"

He doesn't bother to look up this time, "I'm moving ahead with the plan."

I nod my head, "Again, with this mysterious plan that you tell me nothing about."

Snape explains, "Your job is to just inform me of what the Dark Lord has you do and if it involves a certain hard-headed teenager that manages to escape death every single year."

"Yeah yeah, I know."

We both grew quiet, as I looked around his study.
He broke the silence and asked, "So what did Mr. Malfoy give you for Christmas?"

I play innocent, "I'm sorry, who?"

"Mr. Malfoy?"

I shrug my shoulder, "I don't know who that is."

He looks up to me and furrows his eyebrows. I see his curiosity piqued and decided to explain, "Oh, are you referring to the blonde ferret who also happens to be a death eater, piercing grey eyes that could melt my heart, and the attitude and temperament of a fucking 5 year old?"

He raises one eyebrow, "Pardon me?"

I inform him, "We... broke up."

"Really?" His face softens, "May I ask why?"

I huffed and crossed my arms, "I thought you didn't care about my romantic squabbles."

He pushes his paperwork to the side of his desk, "I care about your well-being. Would you like to talk about it?"

I sigh and begin to explain, "I told him I was Rosie, and he got mad at me for not telling him that day that I found out about it." I stand up and begin to pace the room, "So like a bitch he is, he broke up with me. We haven't talked since then."

Snape gives me a condescending tone, "And how are you feeling?"

I look at him confused, "Are you suddenly my therapist now?"

He's obviously annoyed at my attitude and defensive side of venting about my feelings to him, "I'm just trying to see where your head is at and what kind of support you need, Joy."

I point to myself, "What I need, is a fucking rebound."
Snape looks at me disgusted, "I didn't... mean for you to inform me of that."

I ignore his comment and continue on ranting, "Cause all I can think about is his stupid face and how much I want to punch him and make him bleed until he passes out... and then take care of him afterwards."

I huffed and yell out, "God, he is so infuriating! He broke up with me. Me! I did nothing fucking wrong and he has the audacity to break up with me!"

I slump back into the chair with my hand covering my forehead, feeling a headache coming on, "I spoke to mum about him. He spoke to mum about me."

Snape didn't know what to say to that, so I said, "Why are relationships so hard, Sevy?"

He says in a cold expression, "Love makes you do crazy things."

I scoff, "Can't you make an anti-love potion?! You've been the Potions Professor for years! I'm sure you tried to create a concoction when Harry's parents got together."

He looks at me, irritated, "I've tried... and failed, obviously."

I roll my eyes and look out the window of his office, "...Does it get easier?" I look to Snape who was just staring at me. I take his silence as a 'no.'

My jaw drops, "Are you telling me I'm going to be bitter for the rest of my life?!"

Snape gets offended, "I am not... bitter."

I laugh, "Are you joking?"

Snape rolls his eyes, "It's not the end of the world, Joy. There's other guys out there."

I start to smile, "You're right... and I'm a fucking catch. It shouldn't be hard for me to get a rebound!"

I run over to Snape behind his desk and kiss him on the cheek, "Thanks Sevy! See you at school!" I disapparate out of his office, excited to go back to Hogwarts.

Snape sighs and leans over his desk, groaning, "Why me?"