Getting Better.

"You're telling me I have to babysit AGAIN?!"

I apparated into my bedroom at the estate to meet Voldy, where he's tasked me with babysitting the snatchers that the Ministry has hired, now that the Dark Lord has taken full control.

Voldemort explains, "The snatchers will just report to you, if they find anything worthy of mentioning."

I scoff, "And what pray tell, will you be doing this time instead?" He replies, "None of your concern, Joy."

I cross my arms, "It is my concern, if I'm expected to be your heir. Now either you tell me, or you can find someone else to do your bitch work for you." I walk over to my bed and open up my book, with no intentions of doing any more of his orders unless he decides to stop bitching and being secretive.

Voldemort whips out his wand, "Imperi—"

I parried the curse with ease... I even shocked myself when I did it instinctively. My eyes widened when the curse didn't hit me.
Holy fuck, what the hell did I just do?

I don't know if Voldy is impressed or pissed, but I keep my cool... because bitch, that was fucking brilliant.

Voldemort admits, "I am protecting myself, in many different ways."
I roll my eyes and flip a page of my book, "Always thinking about yourself, aren't you?" He glides over to me, "You should also be careful, Joy. You are very important and very powerful."
I roll my eyes, "No shit, I just parried your curse."

He traces his finger on my cheek and I push his hand away, "Ew, don't touch me."

He smirks and backs off. "Report to me of any interesting finds... I'll be waiting."
I wave my hand dismissively, "Don't wait up too long."

Before he disapparates, he mentions... "One more thing, Joy. Deal with the Lovegoods for me, will you?"

My face stays expressionless, but my heart begins to race. 'Why the Lovegoods?'

I coldly ask, "What for?"
He briefly explains, "...Slander." Then disapparates out of my room.

I sigh and devise a plan to efficiently but safely "deal with" the Lovegoods up to the Dark Lords standards.

It took me all night, but the safest way would be to just separate them.

I notify Sev to make Luna believe her father needs her at home, so I could send the Death Eaters to "kidnap" her... maybe that'll be enough for her father to stop writing articles about the Dark Lord, so we won't have to hurt them.

I called for a few Death Eaters the next day to watch the Lovegood residence and to bring Luna to the Manor when they get the chance. I specifically told them to bring her unharmed and in one piece, insinuating that I will be the one to punish her, if needed. Although, I had no intentions of harming sweet Luna.

-

Draco hasn't left his bedroom in days. He's not eating as much. He has a hard time sleeping through the nights.

All he can think about is Joy.

Are they still together?

Does she still love him?
He hopes she does.

Cause he knows that he loves her. He's in love with her.

He kicks himself everyday for fucking up... again. He wishes he could just take it all back so that he could be cuddling her, in his bed, right now.

He was very grateful that Joy just needed some time apart instead of actually breaking up with him... but he just wants things to go back to the way they were.

He decided to look back at the happier times he had with Joy, before everything went to shit.
He walked over to his bookshelf in search of customized book he gave her for Christmas, that she left here that horrible night.

He looks high and low for the book, but couldn't find it. He begins to panic and shouts out for Narcissa.

"Yes, Draco?" She walks into his bedroom.
Draco stands from crouching in the ground, "Have you taken any of my books, Mother?"

She shakes her head, "No, I haven't." She almost walks out the door before she turns and says, "Joy was in here... to keep me company a while ago while you were in school. Perhaps you can ask her." She smiles, "I see the way you look at her, Draco. If things were different... I would've liked her for you."

Draco watched Narcissa leave his bedroom, and he felt a bit better with what his mother said.

Even when Joy wasn't Joy, she still showed kindness to his mom... and his mom still liked her.
That was the slight glimmer of hope that Draco needed to know that things between him and Joy will get better eventually.