Chapter five

Sarah's POV

I was in a vacant classroom wearing my red dress again. Desks were arraigned ready for class. Scanning the room, I notice I'm not alone. Jason Vanlee stands before me with a genuine smile that could fool anyone, even me.

He's in his suit ready for the dance. The Valentines Day Dance.

In a blink of an eye, we are in the gym swaying to a slow dance song that plays in the background.

My smile that felt forced is glued to my face. My arms wrapped securely around his neck while his hands glued to my hips.

Soon enough the song was over and now we're  at a table in the corner, chatting away about our night. Then he left for a bit while Blade came.

"What I want is for you to be careful about that Vanlee kid."

His words echoed in my brain and won't vanish. Before I knew what was happening, he's gone and Jason is leading me somewhere. We enter the same vacant classroom as I had earlier.

This time, Blade is on the floor and I'm in between Jason's arms. Glancing down to see crimson red staining his white shirt, eyes glowing carmine red. Pain screamed in my waist.

I tried to hold my gaze in his but my head lowered to see the same crimson red staining my red dress. The blood seeps through as my legs buckle. Everything went back.

-

I jolted awake from my horrid of a nightmare. I pant as sweat drips and staining my bed sheets. Glancing at the clock it's only quarter past two.

I can't believe it!

My nightmare is the night of the dance where I go stabbed and almost died, and where everything went down.

I always hated that day and Blade's warning kept ringing in my brain. I couldn't get rid of that day no matter how hard I try to burry the event deep down, locking it up.

But I can't.

This is the first time that I relived this in a dream. That I felt like I was back in that day.

I toss and turn trying to get back to sleep. I couldn't.

Finally getting up, I head to the kitchen for a glass of water. Turning on the news for some background noise. Not paying attention until a newscaster said, "A couple was found dead in the forest. The male found in the car while the female was found seventy feet away from the car."

I almost dropped the glass. Turning up the volume I listen intently of what happened.

"Vampires whom live in the forest, called in from hearing screams in the night. One say they might have spotted the murderer, but not sure if it was the attacker or the victims."

My phone rings, quickly picking it up.

"Hello?"

"Sarah, are you watching the news?"

"No, Sabe. I'm sleeping."

"You don't sound asleep."

"Cause I'm not. Have you ever heard of sarcasm? Anyways, I am watching the news. Was that you guys that found the bodies?"

"Yes. We were just hanging in the living room talking when we heard a scream."

"Okay, I'll-"

I got cut off by my phone ringing again.

"I'll have to call you back, someone's calling."

I hung up on Sabe and answer to my boss. "Hey boss."