Chapter eighteen

Marshal's POV

He sat by the window in the breakfast hall in Harrisville. It's just him alone in his thoughts.

The staff members open the breakfast room fifteen minutes ago which gives him an advantage to be alone. His boss didn't want him to go after this murder. Marshal was halfway to the border where he was instructed to, but his boss called him saying he needed me back.

His boss directed him where to go to meet him.

Now he's been waiting at this motel for over three hours. He stopped at a couple of places before coming here.

A couple people walk in. Peeking in the corner of his eye to not make it obvious, a tall and skinny brunette walks in with a redhead with a streak of white in her hair. He can tell one of them isn't a vampire and the other one is by the smell of the blood.

A smile creeps on his face fast before disappearing.

He watches the women carefully listening intently to their conversations. The redhead is talking about a guy she's seeing which isn't interesting at all.

I don't know how she can be interested in that conversation, he thought.

About to zone out from the conversation, his phone buzzes. What perfect timing.

The ID number shows his boss's name. He gets up from his table and leaves bringing his phone to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello."

Marshal senses someone following him as he talks to his boss.

"I want to thank you for driving him out of our way. He needed to be gone."

"It was a pleasure. Sending one of my long lost friends portraying my little gift to them was the best thing I've ever done."

"I'm glad it worked and he didn't let me down. You know what happens when you let me down."

"I know what happens."

"Good. Now we have some following to do. Meet me outside my room."

Then he clicks off.

Tucking away his phone in the back pocket, he knew at that moment that he's being followed, and by who. He texted his boss.

I'm going to be a bit late, I've got someone on my tail.

It didn't take long for him to respond.

Who?

I believe that redhead of a vampire.

Get her off your tail. Get rid of her just like that Blade guy. We don't need them to ruin our plans.

Yes sir.

Marshal sped up walking behind the hotel. Just as expected she follows him. He let her catch up to him.

"Hey! What are you doing?" She demands.

He turns around and takes her in. Her blood red shoulder length hair with a white streak running down, like it's naturally grown from the roots.

Her narrow pale face glows in the sun. Her dark colour outfit with black shirt heel boots.

"Hey babe, how about you and I go deep in the forest and have a little fun?" He asks being flirty. She apparently didn't like that as she punched him square in the jaw.

"Man, your a feisty little one."

"Shut the fuck up and tell me why you were in the breakfast room alone all suspicious?"

"I was just enjoying my morning meal."

"I know your up to something."

"Well then, come and get me."

He ran out of town with her hot on his tail. He knew she's not giving up until she wins.

He slows down to a full stop. The redhead bumped into him. They both fell over with her on top pinning his wrists to the ground.

"I like you. Your a feisty little one."

"Shut the fuck up! I know your up to something!"

Marshal kicked her in the stomach hard enough for her to loosen her grip. He took his free hand and punched her in the breasts. The woman curls up into a ball caressing her breasts from the seizing pain.

"I wanted to play fair but you had other plans."

He crouches down to her level knocking her out with one punch to the head.

Examine her unconscious body, he phones his boss.

"What is it?"

"I've got her. I knocked her out. What do you want me to do with the redhead?"

"Redhead you say?"

"Yes."

A dark chuckle erupts on the other side of the line.

"That's Kathrine. A well known friend to Sarah.
We will keep her just like we did with Blade. Take her to the car but watch out for the others."

"Got that."

Signing off he swoops down picking Kathrine up throwing her over his shoulder.

Finally making it back to the hotel, he scurried behind the building when the others walk out of the hotel with their bags.

"Has any of you seen Kathrine? She ran off this morning following this guy but has never returned," the brunette one says placing her bag in the back.

"I don't know. I'll call her," the black guy says.

He hears her phone buzzing laying her gently  on the ground to not make any noise, he takes her phone out of her back pocket.

Keir Vance.

That's his name.

He waited until the phone stopped ringing, waited a minute before texting.

"Hey sorry I didn't pick up the call. Where y'all heading, I'll meet you there."

"We are heading to Kanata, Ontario."

"Perfect, meet you there."

In the distance he can hear Keir telling them that she'll meet them there, only to have him and his boss, along with Kathrine and Blade along with them.

The white truck left as soon as possible. He made his way to his car dumping her body in the trunk. His boss is already waiting in the front seat.

"Finally," his boss said as he hopped in.

"Ready to go?" Marshal asks.

"Ready as I'll ever be."