Chapter twenty three

Blade's POV

It's passed ten and I had came back to my room for the stay, two hours ago. Dawn had been checking up on Kathrine and I. She says we're doing fine, just needs to rest.

Dawn gave us each a bottle of blood to drink, hoping this would help us heal.

I laid in bed watching movies on my computer since there's nothing else to do. The movies I have downloaded are very, very old. Like in the two thousand era.

I'm watching Avengers End Game when a knock on my door interrupts.

"Come in."

My door creaks open and Sarah comes in.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Horrible."

She nods her head. "Whatcha doing?"

"Watching Avengers."

"Really? That's an old movie."

"Don't you watch old movies?"

"Touché."

She closes the door silently as possible and walks over. I scoot over inviting her to sit with me. Sarah crawls in beside me ready to fall asleep.

"Mind if I stay here tonight?"

That caught me off guard. Something isn't right. I know that since she always sleeps alone.

"No. No I don't mind."

She snuggles in me wrapping her arm around my torso. I tense and she notices.

"Sorry," she yanks her arm away.

"It's okay." I grab her arm and place it around my torso. Sarah relaxes into my touch.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah."

I wrap my arm around her waist pulling her in closer to me. Her grip on my waist tightens a bit but not much.

"You look like you're ready to fall asleep."

"I'm not that tired, though."

And she yawns.

"Right, not tired."

"Shut up," she mumble, barely audible. I chuckle but I swear I saw a small smile appear.

We laid on my bed watching the movie, when I notice she's fallen asleep. I pull the blanket up all the way so Sarah's cozy and warm. I technically don't give off the heat she needs since I'm cold, literally.

Sarah moves slightly to get comfortable but still sleeping. Since I'll be watching movies all night, I place my computer on the side of the bed, holding onto Sarah with one of my hands and reach over to the bedside table where my earphones are.

Carefully I move back into my position as Sarah moves again getting comfortable.

Plugging my earphones in the computer and my ears. I watch the movie.

-

A couple hours have passed and I'm watching Man of Steel when I feel Sarah move. She's moving uncontrollably. Taking out one of my earbuds Sarah whimpers in her sleep. Closing my computer and ripping the other earbud out of my ear, I shake her gently trying to get her up.

"Please no," she whimpers.

"Mom," Sarah cries. Tears are now streaming down her beautiful face.

"Sarah."

I kept shaking her until she jolted awake sweating and panting. Her eyes flickered around the room until hers landed on mine. Tears still streamed down like a waterfall.