Epilogue

Sarah's POV

The pain.

It feels like thousands of knives and third degree burns radiating in my body. I couldn't scream for help.

I feel numb.

The worst numbing you can think of. Yet my bones and veins feel cold and frozen together.

My teeth are transforming into fangs. My throat becomes dry and all of a sudden, I'm craving blood.

Blood.

I need it.

-

Waking up, I notice I'm in bed. Looking at my surroundings I notice I'm in my room at Lennix's aunt and uncle's place.

I observe the little details that I couldn't catch with human eye sight. Hearing voices downstairs that are so faint, I wouldn't be able to hear with my normal hearing.

Footsteps come down the hall and stop at my door. The door creaks open and Blade walks in with blood.

"Hey, you're awake. How are you feeling?"

"I feel good, but thirsty."

"That's why I got you this."

He gave me the bottle. I gulp it down letting the metallic taste fill my tastebuds. In all of my life, I've never had blood that tasted good.

Once I'm finished, I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand.

"How are you feeling now?"

"Better. Thank you."

"No problem."

"Blade?"

"Hmm."

"What's going to happen to me now? Are you going to ship me off somewhere in the world?"

"No, your coming back with us, but you'll have to stay away from humans until you get your thirst under control."

I nod.

Before I know it, I hug Blade unexpectedly. Of course he tensed at my sudden actions, but really hugging me back.

"I thought I was going to die."

"I wasn't going to let that happen."

He pulled away tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear. His eyes land on my lips then leans closer to me. Instinctively, I move closer to him locking our lips together.

This first kiss I ever had in my life is amazing, even better. His soft lips in sync with mine. I wrap my arms around his neck as his wrap around my waist.

I never thought I'd kiss Blade Ramose.

Pulling away my cheeks never heated up but I'm glad. If I was human still, I'd be blushing like crazy.

"I like you Sarah."

"I like you too Blade."

I lean in to give him another kiss.

-

After our little session we walk down to the living room where everyone else is. As soon as we enter, everyone is up giving me a hug and asking if I'm okay.

Everyone except for Will.

There's nothing I can do to get him back.

"So what the plan?" Blade asks no one in particular.

"Well, tonight we'll be going home."

Home.

It felt like years since I've been home.

"And Sarah I don't know if Blade told you but you'll be coming home with us."

"He did tell me."

"But you won't be going back to your home. You'll come back to the mansion with us."

I nod.

"Is it okay that I visit the home a couple times a week to check on it? I don't really want to sell the home."

"That's fine by us."

Wrapping my arm around Blade's back I snuggle in his touch.

We sit down on the couch watching tv. In the corner of my eye, Kathrine exchanges looks with Blade smiling like she approves of something. I don't want to know but guess it's something good.

-

It's time to leave for home. It'll be a four hour drive to get back. We lack our things in the truck as Lennix is locking up the home.

Lennix and Sabe gather in the front while the rest of us in the back.

On our way home, I learn on how to be a vampire and telling me that I have to stay away from humans until my thirst is under control.

The last we need is for me to harm anyone innocent.

I realize one thing.

This is the beginning of a new life.