reunite

jay guides k to the room where they all gathered

jay guides k to the room where they all gathered. once they both entered the room, ni-ki runs and jumps over k.

"ni-ki!" k hugs ni-ki very tight as if there's no tomorrow.

"i miss you so much!" ni-ki cries in k's shoulder. "i thought that number belongs to a sasaeng. you creeped me out."

k laughs a bit. "i'm sorry."

after a while, ni-ki steps back. his face was so red. he still sobs a bit, but he decided to hold it in.

k stares at them one by one. they already change a lot. they look so mature now. they used to be a bunch of boys having fun. running here and there inside the iland building. laughing out loud as if no one's watching. they were so free and reckless back then. there weren't so many things to think about. yes. time passed, people change. but guess what, memories never change. their heart still lives in the year 2020.

heeseung smiles as he walks towards the hyung he once lost. "k hyung! welcome home!" heeseung hugs k tightly.

k smiles. it's been so long since he got hugged like this. "thank you."

it's sunghoon's turn now.

k wowed at sunghoon's posture. "since when did you become so perfect?" k loosen up the tension between them.

sunghoon laughs. "i don't know, i was born this way." he shrugs his shoulders. sunghoon's character develops very well which made k so proud.

"hyung~" sunoo scoots over to k.

k smiles and extends his arms to hug sunoo. a duo that people don't know exist. "i miss you so much, sunoo!"

"me too!"

"i've never seen a sunshine as bright as you in my life before." k caress sunoo's back. "don't be sick, okay? don't force yourself. your health matters."

sunoo's smiles brightly. "i will, hyung."

next is jake. "yo, hyung!" he greets awkwardly.

k smiles. "hey, we're not strangers! why so awkward?"

jake shrugs his shoulder. "i don't know. it's just... it's been years,  i still can't believe we finally reunite." his voice shakes.

k hugs that australian boy. "i'm sorry. i should've come earlier." k whisper from the bottom of his heart.

jungwon  —the first one to noticed k's message—  becomes the last member to hug k.

"come here, jungwon." k pulls jungwon into his hug. "i miss you, my flicker and rainism maknae."

jungwon almost breaks to tears. the way k caresses his back is very comforting. the type of comfort he once lost.  "miss you too, hyung."