pre-concert

an hour before the concert starts

everyone in the dressing room is very busy. half of the boys are practicing their lines, and the other half sleeps while getting their hair and makeup done. the sound of hairdryers filling up the room. the stylists are very busy preparing the outfits. the boys will change five times during the concert. so, their costumes must've been prepared thoroughly.

k has nothing to do. he just sits in the corner, watching enhypen get dressed.

"hyung! how do i look?" ni-ki is showing off his first set of costumes.

k claps his hand

k claps his hand. "you look so handsome!"

"how about me?" jay stands beside ni-ki. trying to steal the spotlight.

 trying to steal the spotlight

"jay-ah... aren't you supposed to button up your shirt?"

jay lifts his brow. "what do you mean? it is supposed to be like this."

"oops..." he covers his mouth. "sorry."

"were you born in the late '90s or what? how did you not know that people nowadays love to wear exposing shirts like this? aren't people back then also dress this way?"

k is about to throw hand until heeseung stops him. "did you forget i was born in 1997?! it's in the late '90s! and for your information, that kind of clothes aren't from this century."

jay laughs. "omg! i had totally forgotten!"

"is that why you always speak informally to me?"

jay burst out laughing. "omg, i'm really sorry. really really sorry" he walks back to his stylist.

heeseung is also laughing. "hyung you need to chill. your veins almost explode."

k laughs and sits back down. "please tell me i'm not that old."

heeseung nods. "yes, you're not that old. we're only four years apart."

"but hyung... to be frank, you are so old-fashioned. when we met you yesterday, i thought you were my father." ni-ki suddenly speaks up.

k glares at ni-ki.

ni-ki laughs hard. his laugh even wakes the members up.

"glad you're awake! now, get your ass off the chair. it's time to change!" jay pulls jake, sunghoon, sunoo, and jungwon off the chair. "let's show k hyung how handsome we are in these outfits!"

k laughs and shakes his head. he watched enhypen's comeback stage on youtube. the concept is 2023 pirates. k loves the song very much.

after a while, all of them return with the costumes on.

k smiles and gives them an applause. "you all look handsome!"

the boys smile. they're so happy k is here to watch their performance. k taught them a lot back then. so it's an honor to perform in front of the master.

"30 minutes! let's move to backstage!" their staff reminds them.

the boys exchange glances. they breathe in nervousness.

"aaaa, i'm so nervous!" jungwon grimaces.

"you can do it, jungwon! we've performed in japan before." sunoo taps jungwon's shoulder.

jungwon is still with his grimacing face. "but still..."

k smiles. he gives jungwon a hug. "it's okay to be nervous, it's your first world tour anyway." he says. "hope this hug will comfort you."

jungwon exhales. that's right. that hug comforts him a lot.

k extends his arms. "let's do a group hug!"

"group hug!!" ni-ki squeals happily and join the hug.

they all stay in that hug for a couple of seconds.

"ok guys, let's move!" heeseung raises his hand.

the boys nod. "bye, hyung!" they wave to k as they leave the room.

"good luck!!!" k waves his hand back.

after the boys leave, the dressing room becomes silent.

k smiles as he sits back to his chair. 'my boys had grown so much.'