the letters

the concert ends

the concert ends. the boys return to the dressing room. they're all exhausted, but they are happy with it. they couldn't wait to see k's reaction.

ni-ki opens the door in excitement. "k hyung!"

no one was there but their staffs.

sunoo stands beside ni-ki. "wait, where's k hyung?" he asks one of the staffs there.

"he left ten minutes ago."

ni-ki's happy face is starting to fade away. "but... why?"

"i don't know. he just said that he needs to leave and asked me where's the driver."

ni-ki bites his lips. his heart aches.

sunoo hugs ni-ki. "it's okay. i'm sure we will meet him in the next morning."

ni-ki nods.

"K HYUNG!" jay enters the room. just like ni-ki, jay's smile fades after realizing k wasn't there. "where is he?"

"he left." answered sunoo.

"what? he left?" jungwon pops up behind jay.

ni-ki nods.

sunghoon frowns. there are still many things he hasn't said to k. he regretted for not saying it earlier.

"but... we haven't even exchanged numbers." jake frowns.

ni-ki's face suddenly lits. "wait! i have his numbers!" ni-ki runs to his bag to grab his phone.

jay walks to his seat where his bag lands. "wait." he notices something odd. he didn't zip his bag before. but now it's perfectly closed. "did someone touch my bag?" he asks the staffs, but they just shake their heads. he opens it. "guys!" he lifts seven papers to the air. "i think k hyung just left us each a letter."

the members gather as jay distributes the letters.

"i think jay's and ni-ki's letter will be the longest since he was the closest to you two." said sunoo.

ni-ki laughs. "no way... he must've wrote it equally."

sunghoon is the first one who reads his letter. "omg." he covers his mouth. "he thanked me to record his pr video. he still remembers that?" he sits beside jay.

"of course. he has a strong memory." jay answers.

"if i knew it would be the last video i took for him, i shouldn't be protesting. i would help him even if took hours." sunghoon frowns. the stylist starts to remove his make up.

"ah...but regretting will not change anything." as the stylist starts to remove his makeup, jay opens his letter.

yo, jay!

i actually wanted to write one letter for all of you, but i changed my mind. i remembered what you did back then, and decided to write one for each of you. fyi i wrote yours first.

thank you for being my friend when the world was against me. thank you for being my teacher every time i did something wrong. thank you for being my brother when i missed my family so much. and the last thing, thank you for being 'jay' whenever i needed you. thank you for existing.

meeting you was the greatest thing that happened in 2020
and leaving you was the worst thing i've done
i was glad time had brought us together again
at a different place, for a different amount of time
but no matter how short our time was, it felt like an eternity if we had spent it together

i'm sorry i had to exchange you with sunghoon for rainism. i'm sorry for doubting you
please keep dancing. don't quit.
i love your stage. i always love them.
watching them made me miss you more
i couldn't stop telling myself of how proud i was of you.
i wish i could be on your side and watch you grow
but please keep this in mind,
even though i'm far away, i'll always keep you in a special space in my heart

so... you can run to me anytime you want. i'll be there for you. please just don't forget me. our memories were too pure to be forgotten.

from: k
08xxxxxxxx

ps: i still have the letter you gave me back then :p

a/n:
yo i was thinking to end this book on oct 21 (k's bday)
but... this book is almost coming to an end already lol, i shouldn't make it any longer :p