last hugs

(making this chapter the longest cuz this will be the most emo chapter😔)

k and ni-ki hug for a long time. nobody interrupts them. everybody knows how important k and ni-ki to each other.

ni-ki wipes his tears and so does k. "i thought you wouldn't come today." he laughs and sniffles.

k's nose is still red, but he laughs. "of course i'll come. why wouldn't i?" he pats ni-ki's head and hugs him once again.

 why wouldn't i?" he pats ni-ki's head and hugs him once again

ni-ki doesn't know how to express his feeling right now. he's so happy yet sad. but at least he gets to see k in person for the last time. maybe they will meet again in the future. but nobody knows when will it be to be exact.

the others are looking at them. trying to hold their tears back. jay may seem the strongest. but he cry the hardest.

k chuckles at jay. "ayy, come here, jay. let me give you a hug."

jay walks towards k and hugs him tight. "i wish i could freeze the time for you."

he pats jay's back. "ah... i wish we can meet for a little bit longer. there are still many things that i want to know from you." k is trying hard not to cry again.

jay hugs k so tight that he can't escape.

"jay hasn't cry that hard lately." said heeseung. "the last time he cried like this was when we won rookie of the year."

k laughs. "ah come on, jay. we'll meet again. this isn't the last time, okay?" he peeks at jay's red face. k smiles and pats jay's head.

jay nods heavily as he lets k go.

after jay and ni-ki, it's sunghoon's turn. "my boy!" k hugs sunghoon tight.

sunghoon rests his chin on k's shoulder. "when will we meet again, hyung?"

"if next year i'll win tokyo marathon, i'll treat you all."

sunghoon's eyes lit. "really?"

k nods. "let's meet again next year, okay?"

sunghoon gives k a high five. "we'll cheer the loudest if you once you crossed the finish line."

"but aren't you supposed to cheer the korea's representatives instead of me?"

sunghoon facepalms. "ah, you always speak korean that sometimes i forgot you're japanese." he laughs his embarrassment off. "i don't care, you'll always be my number one." he points at k and winks.

k laughs at sunghoon. he messes his hair. "i love you too."

"now, back off!" sunoo pushes sunghoon out of the frame. "hyung! i'll miss you a lot!" he hugs k tight.

"i'll miss you too!" k caresses sunoo's back. "you can call me whenever you're free. please don't forget me and send me your selcas, okay?"

"of course i won't forget you! i'm younger so my memory is better than you, you know!?" sunoo sticks his tongue out.

"please stop with this age gap thingy." k cries jokily.

all the members laugh.

k looks at jungwon. "jungwon-ah!" he calls jungwon over so he can hugs him properly.

"i missed you already." jungwon starts to sob.

"awww." k places his chin over jungwon's head. "i'm soooooo proud of you that you won't have any idea."

jungwon shakes his head. "you taught me so many things back then."

"you've done great since day one. i only taught you a little. it was me who learned a lot from you."

jungwon has always loved k's hugs. they were always comforting. k does know how to comfort people. he let his tears all out on k's chest. "i'm sorry i made your t-shirt wet." jungwon chuckles and sobs at the same time.

"it's okay. i'm happy to be your shoulder to cry on." k grabs jungwon's shoulders and bends down a bit to see jungwon's face. "good. it's better to let things out than keeping it yourself." k pats jungwon's head.

jungwon nods and thanks k for everything he did.

"yo jake!" k was expecting a fist bump, but jake gives him a whole big hug.

"i love you SO MUCH, hyung! you were always been my role model. i've been looking up to you since we first met."

"wow! that's too much." k laughs.

"but i really mean it." jake frowns. "i was your biggest fan in iland!"

"and i am the biggest fan of my biggest fan!"

"owwww. that's smooth." jake smirks.

k laughs. he can't stand jake's and sunghoon's similarities. "what is wrong with you and sunghoon?" he points at sunghoon.

jake and sunghoon smirk while pointing at each other.

"they're just communicating." said jungwon.

k shakes his head. some things are never going to change.

the last one is heeseung. the oldest. the backbone of the group. the members' role model. the strongest one because he's the one everybody looks up to.

heeseung is hiding his sadness. but k spots it right away. "aw heeseungie. even though you're the oldest, that doesn't mean you couldn't cry. come here, cry on my shoulders." k hugs heeseung the tightest.

at first, heeseung tries to hold it. but k's words make him cry even more. he finally let it all out. he's the oldest. he always took care of the younger members that he even forgets to take care of himself. but now, there's finally someone older than him. someone who understands the pain of being a backbone.  someone that can comfort him. "i miss you so much." the hug that once was gone finally return. "i miss us."

k caresses and pats heeseung's back. "you don't need to hold it yourself, you know. i'm very sorry i disappeared for 3 years. i'm sorry i couldn't be there this whole time. but since we met again, you can call me anytime you want. tell me everything about your day. especially when you need a shoulder to cry on. well, i know we can't meet each other face-to-face... just imagine i'm there beside you, okay?"

heeseung couldn't say anything but nods.

"when you need a hug but nobody's there, just do a butterfly hug. it's really comforting."

heeseung thought he was going to stop crying. but he turns out crying even more. he couldn't say a word. k's hugs and words are comforting. but it hurts him knowing that k has nobody that can give him a hug. "i wish i could always be there for you as well." his voice is shaky.

k smiles. he doesn't say anything. he just keeps caressing heeseung's back.

the members are hurt seeing their oldest cry. how come they never knew that heeseung needs comfort? they feel so bad.

ni-ki suddenly hugs the two oldest. "let's all hug for a while." he invites the other to join the hug as well.

nobody says anything. they all cherish the short moment they had spent together.

"i love you all." k whispers.