Prologue

"Mommy? Daddy?? Where are you?"

A little girl about 8 years old with short (h/c) hair looked around the enormous halls of a looming dark manor.

"Mommy?? Dad?!" She called once again only to hear a scream from another hall.

She ran following the source of the voices that started to echo through her head.

Despite being frightened by the possible horrors that awaits her in the next hall, she arrived at the bloodied scene of a cruel massacre.

"Dad! Mommy!!" She shrieked when she saw the bodies of her parents lied in the pool of blood. Her father struggling to get his grimoire next to him.

He noticed her with brimming tears in her shimmering (e/c) eyes. "(Y-y/n). . . my. . daughter. *cough* C-Come here."

She rushed down to him and dropped herself beside him as tears started to flow down her cheeks.

"Dad! Wha-what just happened?! Who did this??" she turned to look at the lifeless body of a women who once used to be a beam of sunshine.

She weld up after seeing her mother. "Mommy! Wake up! You have to wake up, please!" she tried to shake her awake which was useless.

"(Y/n). . . she's gone. . . you must. . *cough* g-get strong. . a-and be brave *cough*"

She quickly turned towards her father. "D-Dad! I-I'm scared. You're not okay! Wh-where's Onii-chan?? A-And who dare did this?!"

"I-It was-*cough cough*. . . You must run, (Y/n). *cough* R-Run before they find you! Go!"

"No! I'm not leaving without you nor without Onii-chan!!" she cried and forced herself to be bold, wiping off her tears with back of her sleeve.

"I'm S-sorry, *cough* b-but you have to go onwards without us."

Her eyes widened as she saw him reached out for his grimoire. His fingers touched the cover and it started glowing.

She gritted her teeth trying her best to hold back her tears. She grabbed his ragged shirt stained with blood. "No!! I'm not leaving you!"

"You must Run!" He coughed up blood making her worried. "Dad-!!" "(Y/n), listen to me, *cough* just run away from here. . . Go straight to the uptown and you'll see a boundary of the Capital. H-he will help you. He is *cough cough* Th-the current wizard k-king of the C-Clover kingdom."

"But-" again, she was interjected by her father. He tore some pages from his grimoire and shoved them into her small palms. "Just Go! And took them with you."

She was about to protest when suddenly the other side of door slammed open, revealing a bunch of traitors with evil grins plastered on their faces.

A strong dark presence stepped ahead who shook her to the core. The little girl shivered in fear. "Aha~ So you finally showed up. I've been itching to personally eliminate you."

Dark mana surrounded her body making it difficult to escape as her breath hitched. "Hmm but on second thought, You little pest could be a perfect puppet for my future plans~"

"Not happening!! I'm still alive, you hear me Devil?!" Her father yelled as he managed to propped up and casted a spell.

The little girl came back to her senses and struggled to move out of her frozen state.

"Of course you're alive, but not for long--?!" A magic circle appeared beneath them and they quickly jumped away.

The dark mana subsided and she was able to move again. "(Y/n), Just go!!" He shouted and struggled to get up, distracting the enemies who launched their attack.