In the beginning

Emily's pov

It was around 1am as the team and I got on the jet to head home from a long 2 days on a case in Boston Texas. Everyone seemed to fall asleep instantly except for me and Morgan, he sat besides me listening to music, I was hoping he didn't notice me staring at JJ while she was sleeping but I guess I was wrong.

"Hey Em you good?.." Derek said his brow raised.

"What yeah me I'm good why do you ask?" I said trying to be discreet about what I was doing.

"Oh really...then why have you been staring at JJ for the last 10 minutes?" He said letting out a chuckle

Dammit I thought to myself

"What I wasn't staring....I need to use the bathroom." I said getting up even though i didn't

Morgan looked at me his brows furrowed but didn't question me. As I was walking to the bathroom I guess i accidentally woke JJ, who sat up from the couch rubbing her eyes in a daze.

"Emily?" JJ said tirelessly

"Oh hey jayje I'm sorry did I wake you?" I said sorrowful

"No no I was just about to wake up." The blonde said

"Oh well we still have almost an hour til we land" The raven haired girl said

"Oh ok......can you come sit by me?" She said innocently

"Of course i can JJ." I
said with a smile

I sat across from the beautiful blonde and crossed my legs patting my lap. "Here lay your head down." I said knowing i was probably blushing. JJ laid her head on my lap and I played with her hair while she fell asleep, I could tell she liked it by the way she snuggled up to me. STOP IT EMILY! SHES STRAIGHT SHES IN LOVE WITH WILL NOT YOU!  I sat there wondering about my feelings for JJ. We're  they real? Maybe it's just cause she's my best friend? Should i tell her how i feel?  And then I stopped we had landed back at the BAU so I gently woke up JJ.

"Jayje we are back wake up." I said gently moving a piece of her hair behind her ear

"Mmm....Emily!" JJ moaned

My eyes grew wide luckily we were the only ones left on the plane. I tried to wake her up again. "Jayje we are back wake up!" I said a little louder, the blonde shot up and looked around. "Where are i?" She said " We are still on the jet sleepy head" I said jokingly to JJ even after what I just heard. "Oh ok...wait did i sleep talk?..." JJ said a serious look on her face. "Umm you said something along the lines of  ' Mmm Emily'.

JJ's eyes grew wider. "OMG Em...i can exp-" She was cut off. "Hey let's just go inside and we can talk about this ok." I said comforting her. "Ok" The blonde said getting off the plane.

JJ's pov

I CAN' T BELIEVE I SAID THAT INFRONT OF EM! WHATS SHE GONNA THINK.....SHE PROBABLY THINKS IM SOME WEIRDO WITH A HUGE CRUSH ON HER!  My mind was racing thinking about all the things that could happen. WHAT IF SHE DOESNT WANNA BE MY BEST FRIEND ANYMORE CAUSE SHE IS WEIRDED OUT BY ME?! 

I let all the thoughts in my mind slide as I walked through the glass doors of the BAU to see Emily sitting at her desk joking with Reid, Garcia, and Morgan. I walked over and immediately could feel myself blushing at the sight of Emily. "Earth to JJ." Derek said joking which got them all laughing. "Sorry what..?" I said snapping out of my Emily trance.

Before I could let Morgan joke again I could feel myself starting to get watery eyes and I immediately ran to the bathroom. The only one that really seemed to notice and chase after me was Emily.

OMG SHES SO AMAZING AND CARING! I said to myself looking back to see Emily chasing after me.

"Jayje wait up what's wrong?" The brunette said

I ran into the bathroom and ran into a stall at putting my legs up to my chest and crying. "Jay?" Emily came into the bathroom saying. She looked into my stall and found me crying. "Blackbird what's wrong?" She asked softly her tone sounding genuine. "Blackbird." I chuckled "Haven' t heard that name in a bit." I said avoiding eye contact with the raven haired female.

Black bird was the name Emily gave me after I suggested getting the clover tattoo Ian Doyle gave Emily turned into a 'Blackbird'.

"Jayje what's wrong?" Emily said lifting my chin so I was forced to look into her deep brown eyes that always caught me off guard. "Nothing I'm fine." I said lying of course.

"No your not I can tell when your not!" Emily said her tone changing now so she became more serious sounding.

"EMILY I SAID I WAS FINE!" I said immediately regretting it. "Em I'm sorry I didn't mean it!" I said trying to convince Emily I was deeply sorry.

"It's alright I understand....do you want to come over to my place to talk or watch a movie and drink?" Emily said giving me a kind smile

"I would love that!" I said wiping the tears from my face and getting up to leave with Emily.

A/N: OKAY GUYS THIS IS MY FIRST TIME WRITING ON HERE I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT SO FAR AND IF ANYONE COULD GIVE ME ANY TIPS ON HOW TO IMPROVE THAT WOULD BE GREAT 💗

Word count: 944 (I'll try to write them with at least 1000-2000 words but I'm a beginner so yea💗)