Phase 9

Just like any other day, Amethyst woke up early as if she's getting ready for school.

        "Today's a holiday, dear. You can sleep in," said Honey.

        "Nah, I want to use this extra time to study to reach the top faster. I can't wait to applaud my achievements from the top," said Amethyst proudly.

        Discerning as she was not giving herself any rest, Honey decided to let her study in the morning, then dragged her out in the evening.

        "Is dad here? I want to buy a present for the both of you," said Amethyst.

        "Dad's been out since morning." Honey continued, "He even gave you a morning kiss before he left."

        "Oh, no wonder I feel so motivated today."

        "Dad's gonna love it when I tell him that."

        They began choosing a present for Rouge together.

        "Hmm, since dad loves purple, I'll buy him a purple tie. That way, he could think of me every time he wears this," smiled Amethyst.

        "Sure dear." Honey replied smiling. But as soon as Amethyst ran towards the cashier, her expression turned grim as she muttered, "No, she would never know..."

        Honey waited for her outside of the store. After Amethyst was done making payment, they headed home together.

        Noticing the door was unlocked, Amethyst welcomed her dad home.

        "Dad, you're home! I brought you a present, we can open it together with mom's!"

        Honey sat on the couch together with Rouge, and they unwrapped their presents together. Honey was overjoyed to see her present --- a brooch matching with Rouge's tie.

        "My, how our daughter grew up so fast to be such a magnificent girl, right dad?" said Honey.

        "We must be such blessed parents to have such a wonderful girl like her," smiled Honey as she passed tissues to Rouge.

        Honey nodded her head. Amethyst wondered what dad said.