Phase 27

"Morning!" The both of them had a good night's sleep.

        "Nothing like a breath of fresh air in the morning!" Amethyst stretched her body.

        "Morning sweeties!" Honey and Rouge greeted them from the kitchen. Amethyst rushed to the dinning table, pulling Marmalade along.

        "You can sleep more, you know. You're still recuperating." Rouge expressed his concern.

        "It's fine, dad. I've slept more than enough for the past half year," answered Amethyst.

        "Still, don't push yourself too hard, okay?" added Honey.

        "Look how loved you are." Marmalade nudged her.

        "I sure am. Plus, I'm blessed with such precious friends like you." Amethyst smiled with relief. "Thank you, I'm so grateful."

        "You better be." Marmalade grinned.

        After sending Marmalade to school, the three of them sat in the hall. Honey and Rouge were ready to hear Amethyst out. Rouge sat beside Amethyst, with one hand resting on her shoulder. He kissed her forehead before she started confessing.

        " --- " Amethyst explained.

        Honey's face twisted in fear, the fear of the future she foresaw coming true. Rouge stared at his hands, trembling ever so slightly.

        "So in the end, we couldn't avoid the 'difficult and tough times' ahead of her..." Honey sighed with disappointment.

        Amethyst shook her head, denying her mother's statement.

        "Pretty sure the tough times passed without a hitch. After all, it was all fun and filled with love for me." Amethyst smiled hopelessly and continued, "I guess ultimately, no one could run away from destiny. Whatever's bound to happen, will happen."

        The room was filled with silence.

        Rouge recalled something important and asked, "Dear, the fortune teller had purple hair, right?"

        Honey answered, "Yeah, that's why we went to her."

        Seeing how all the dots connected, Amethyst couldn't help but smile. "I see what she did there."

        "Then, she didn't answer your question? The one about her leaving," asked Honey.

        "Yeah, she didn't. Do I have to wait again?"

        "Don't you think no news is good news?" Rouge pointed out. "I mean, you haven't officially accepted the role of the Guardian from her, you know..."

        "Huh? Can't I just be with Marmalade? We could look over things together." Amethyst was hopeful.

        Honey added, "Everything happens for a reason, right? There can be only one ultimate being, it's the law of nature."

        "Does that mean Marmalade will disappear if I take over?" asked Amethyst.

        Deep down, she had already knew the answer.

        Rouge and Honey both hugged Amethyst.