Phase 25

After a month of rehabilitation, Amethyst finally went back home. Rouge and Honey threw a party for her. Marmalade helped with the preparations.

        "Welcome back!" Marmalade cried out with joy once the both of them managed to spend some time alone.

        "I'm back!" replied Amethyst. "I can't believe I've been asleep for six months."

        "Well, you're strong, that's why it took such a short time," said Marmalade.

        "You mean it would take longer than that?!"

        "Not sure... Those who can't sustain the magic within their body can't even be born in the first place, so I wouldn't know," answered Marmalade with a shrug.

        "Scarryy...." Amethyst quivered slightly.

        "How do you feel?"

        "Aside from seeing, hearing and feeling what I couldn't before, nothing really changed." Amethyst said nonchalantly. "Magic still doesn't work on me, and I can still see the true form of everything."

        "Because that's your ability."

        "Yep, I remembered what you told me." Amethyst continued, "Is now the time to know?"

        "I guess so..." Marmalade was wary of Amethyst's serious expression.

        "So, what are you?" started Amethyst.

        "Not 'who'?"

        "You're Marmalade Egnaro--"

        "That's just my --"

        "--To me," Amethyst finished her sentence.

        "Fine."

        "You'll always be my dear friend, no matter what," added Amethyst.

        "You got me." Marmalade laughed. "I'm the Guardian."

        "Figured," answered Amethyst right away.

        "What, you knew?" Marmalade thought of Amethyst as a wet blanket.

        "You told me in my dreams," clarified Amethyst.

        "Huh? I never did. Why would I give myself away?" denied Marmalade.

        "Then, that must've been your real feelings, your real thoughts."

        "Wow, to think that you could see through a Guardian."

        "That's because I'm one too, aren't I?"

        Marmalade was surprised. "I guess I can't really hide anything from you, huh."

        "Your white book showed me. As expected, those were your memories, right?"

        "Yep, you got everything added up." Marmalade surrendered.